Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

East EU Count Centre?

Options
  • 11-06-2004 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know where the count is to take place on Sunday for the East constituency?

Actually, if anyone has a list of all the count centres around the country, that would be good too.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

When do the counts start? Will it be live on tv all day? (I love watching that sort of stuff).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Counts take their time to get going, lots of sorting to do.... RTÉ 1 will have coverage from 1pm this afternoon of the local and referendum results, and the European votes will be counted tomorrow, and declared after polls close in the rest of Europe, RTÉ 1 again on Sunday from 9pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

East is in Navan, I believe.

What will happen is the ballot boxes are opened, and the different ballots separated.

The European votes will be brought to Navan later.

The partys may have sufficient tallymen to give some trends in the European elections by Lunchtime. They may concentrate on the local tallys though.

I'm not sure jd, I read in the Meath Chronicle a few weeks ago, that Maire Tehan, the returning officer, had a problem getting a suitable venue.
    Navan had been the venue, normally the Exhibition centre, but now that is full of small industries. In recent years, for Meath counts they used the Simonstown Gaels GAA hall, and at Nice II, she used the Court House in Trim. The last Euro election count was in Gormanston college, but that is unavailable this time around. So I'm not sure where!
    :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

Navan had stuck im my head :(
    jd

• Advertisement

Just heard on local radio (grrr LMFM)

Pudden Hill Equestrian Centre, near Ashbourne.

Advertisement