Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recollection

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Goddamn German! Wish I understood some of it! Then again I do understand durkfall, but only because my friend was so happy that he managed to include it in his letter. Those are my new eyes btw. I would have replied to that but, y'no... Oh and by the way people, tis my birthday today so I can't be banned! :D Right, time to go exploit ignorance!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

MANGE POUSSON AVEC MOI!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭twirly sponge

Je ne comprends pas le German.

What does Kater mean? It has my name in it like. Hmm.

Speaking of my name, I saw the pass Business Studies paper the other day and it said "Kate Sullivan is a farmer who kept the following receipts and payments account...." or something like that. And whoa, that's my name. But I'm not a farmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

eh....michelle, ma belle, sonst lets mots qui von tres bien ensemble, tres bien ensemble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

C'est une chanson belle. mais de temps en temps c'est fatiguante. blech. je ne comprends pas l'Allemande. pas du tout. néanmoins, le conversation (pour l'absence d'un mot plus correcte) amuse moi parce que j'aime le francais et je n'ai pas parlé cette language il y a trois mois. les examens sont stupides. oui.
    languages are lovely...and...stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

Originally posted by twirly sponge

Speaking of my name, I saw the pass Business Studies paper the other day and it said "Kate Sullivan is a farmer who kept the following receipts and payments account...." or something like that. And whoa, that's my name. But I'm not a farmer.

face it kate, you are a farmer

or, in flawed german,

sehe es an, Kate! du bist einen Bauer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Originally posted by twirly sponge
    Je ne comprends pas le German.

What does Kater mean? It has my name in it like. Hmm.

The weird one was Michael Joseph Mumba, and Samantha Harte in the paper II

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

Originally posted by Raphael

Yes, that sort of thing happens every year. Back in the day, Meath had won the All-Ireland Football Championship the September before the exams, and they had Meath Ltd, Sam Ltd, and Maguire Ltd in one question. Whoever sets that paper has a sense of humour, you see. Not necessarily a good thing when the fate of tens of thousands of young people is in your hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Originally posted by Raphael
    Mad for the mickey!

[/obscure boards joke that only Barry remembers]

Originally posted by article6
    Yes, that sort of thing happens every year. Back in the day, Meath had won the All-Ireland Football Championship the September before the exams, and they had Meath Ltd, Sam Ltd, and Maguire Ltd in one question. Whoever sets that paper has a sense of humour, you see. Not necessarily a good thing when the fate of tens of thousands of young people is in your hands.

all the books of first entry are related to sport

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭gigglingrat

Je deteste le sport. Surtout le gach rud. Ich bin uber lazy.

Fala une langue, mas e do thoill e!

Originally posted by mentalimplosion
    all the books of first entry are related to sport

Yeah this year, it was DIRDAM Ltd, UNAM Ltd, FFUD Ltd, and MAHKCEB Ltd.
    Being Beckham, Duff, ManU and Madrid backwards. I guess it makes the exam less boring and stuff. Or something.

God, those people need to get out more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Peterfing

My sister's doing accounting or business studies or something in DCU and apparently they do it in their exams too! They had a Simpsons and Futurama themed exam once. Apparently the same guy who sets the JC exams does it for college too...

...or maybe ALL accountants are just losers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭J Campion

Nobody cares about your family, Peter! (I think you know why i said that) Anyway, our exam had Miley and Dinny Byrne which I think were in that ancient Irish "soap" called Glen... somethin or other! Anyway, whatever they're into :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Originally posted by J Campion
    Nobody cares about your family, Peter! (I think you know why i said that) Anyway, our exam had Miley and Dinny Byrne which I think were in that ancient Irish "soap" called Glen... somethin or other! Anyway, whatever they're into :rolleyes:
    Glenroe.
    Way to make me feel ****ing old.

don't worry, i knew it too, and i do believe i'm younger than you

Even I knew that, me who needs map to the tv. J Campion lives in his own lil world....lalala....fueled on jolt and other caffinated products, by the sounds of it...

Glenroe. Yeah I knew that. I've been on the outdoor set of Glenroe. Haha!! Ah, I'm such a loser....

Advertisement