Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish rap dress sense?

Options
  • 12-06-2004 3:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭

how many of you guys who like rap/hip hop dress sterotypically with it?

Just curious.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

So what,basically who dresses like a skanger?:D

I wear tracksuits admittedly. And a reebok zip up black hoodie. And other such similiar stuff. Ive been looking for a while for american football shirts,but only one place in Stephens Green is said to stock them,and they didnt have them when i went in,and theyre meant to be pricey as **** as well.
    Wouldnt mind a Boston Celtics jersey,keppin it Irish and street at the same time:D But the 45 euro that the chains here charge is a bit steep for what is only a ****in vest

I usually only wear a baseball cap when in bad need of a haircut. My jacket I wore in winter ist quite ghetto however......(well,its big and puffy anyway). When Im out at night though i just dress the same as anybody else.

So yes,looking at me you could probably deduce Nirvana and Korn are not my passion in life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

yeah I wear ma baseball cap at a 90 degree angle so that my peeps know I'm in the hood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Teddi

Gopher..

try the american shop in Georges st. arcade..they have jerseys in there...

but yet again there pricey...

the place in stephens green is on the floor below the very top one( second down from the top)

jerseys there are for around 35 yo yo's

they only look good on big framed guys..they look stupid on skinny blokes! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Well i wear some baggy assed clothes and big **** off fubu boots, have a sixers jersey, prefer to avoid hats. I don't look like the biggest rap head but then again, why should i feel the need to?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I wouldn't say wearing an NFL or NBA jersey is stereotypical hip-hop dress.
    I have 2 Lakers jerseys, but it's because I support them, it has nothing to do with rap.

• Advertisement

Ah, but why do you support them? Are you from America? If not then why does it matter to you how they do in the nba playoffs?

que

Eh, by that logic, you shouldn't support any team from outside Ireland in any sport.
    Snap out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Check out e-bay if you're looking to buy football/basketball shirts. Might be able to pick them up a little cheaper there

Originally posted by Makaveli
    Eh, by that logic, you shouldn't support any team from outside Ireland in any sport.
    Snap out of it.

I don't.............

que

You don't, well welcome to the minority of the population that are the same as you.
    So you only follow Irish teams? No wait, you only follow Irish teams in Irish sports because the rest is foreign, right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

fobia stop being an idiot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Teddi

jerseys etc are only seen as sterotypical with hip-hop/rap..

because all the major rappers have been seen with them on countless amounts of times... as most of them do support the 'lakers' etc

not only that....they can look pretty good on you even if you dont support the team ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Crotch Chop

Originally posted by Fobia
    que

what?

Originally posted by Crotch Chop
    what?
    I hope that was a pun..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭missy me

You can get those kinda jerseys and runners on abbey street a few doors down from supermacs!can i ask all the girls something while im here, where is the best place to get your hair braided , i didnt know which forum to ask this in but this is prob my best bet.so if anyone has info on price and salons etc. and what do you all think of braids on "white" girls?(i wasn't quite sure what word to use wat wit political correctness and all!!!!!!!!!!):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Klimseven

Use the word 'crackers', that makes you sound kool with a k. Braids make you look like a white girl trying to look like a black girl...right on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 MC K

I got a few jerseys and that. Im lukin around for Makaveli jerseys which are hard to find. Ima check Dublin out soon again, I kno sum shops there with Makaveli branded stuff but mostly its just jeans. Also Ima tinkin of gettin a Pac medallion, not a too big of one coz I dont wana luk too heavy! A shop beside the ilac centre in Dub has loads of jerseys and medallions!!!!! Most of the s**t in it is G-unit and shady which p***es me off.

Yeah dawg I'm feelin' u!
    Much luv an all dat shiznit.
    Fo shizzle.

Dat shít iz whack!

HOLLA

edit - You can't swear anymore. :eek:

fúckin' whiteys. ;) Personally I like Fubu jeans and Ecko but shady and all that shít just makes you look like a knacker. Don't get me started on medallions.

Braided hair is just fúcking horrible on anyone except Alicia Keyes. Personally I think anyone tryin to look like Fitty Cent or JLo just look retarded. Velure tracksuits are possibly the ugliest thing I've seen a girl wear and for fúcksake, jewelery keep jewelery minimal.

Why do people wanna be like knackers?

Ghetto faboulous?

Of course, 90% probably come from middle class suburbia.
    Monkey see, monkey do.

• Advertisement

Yeah that's what I really don't get. There are knackers and then there are the kids who emulate the knackers, I blame the celtic tiger and not enough segregation in society...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Nothing worse than white boys trying to be black, irish white boys trying to be black is even more pathetic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Nokia CR

Is der any shop in dublin dat sellz shady clothes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Its kinda funny around school, because im from america its ok for me to wear baggy jeans and a NFL or NBA or NHL jersey but if any irish lads wear them there considered skangers :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

Sheeet!

Snap out of it lad's you can like the music an all but its no reason to be rollin ghetto fabulous in medallions, 50 cent bling and bloody 2pac clothes!
    I agree fubu/mecca jeans are very comfortable but wearing a throwback just to be "cool" is really really really sad.
    And its not like your helping anyone out by buyin those clothes your only encouraging sellout antics.

And remember no matter how cool you think you are by wearing ****ty bling, throwbacks, timberlands and un-walkable jeans.You will still look white and very unlike a crap dealin, weed smokin, rapper from south central LA!

Oh and when you look back on photo's you'll be as cool as all those people in the 80's who wore leg warmers.

Advertisement