Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dodgey Dj's.

• 12-06-2004 4:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭

Hey I'm sure this topic has probably been posted before but not that i've seen.

Why is it that 9/10 pubs and clubs have the worst dj's who can't mix and play the worst tunes. I know in most pubs they want commercial stuff but they really do play the worst crap.

There are so many talented amatuar dj's out there, that enjoy the music that don't get work. Then you have these guys who do it solely for the money and play the worst ****e ever. If I hear Dj Alligator blow my whistle one more time i'm gonna crack up.

My main gripe is with the club dj's. In Athlone and Tullamore there are 5 clubs. #1, bridge house, ginkles, bozos, blinkers. Every single one of them have crap dj's. The odd time you get some-one that at least tries and gets some good mixes done. I was in the bridge a week ago and there was a young fella there. I'll give him marks for trying but he was fairly crap. He did a few good mixes but a lot went out of line and he even made an awful attempt at scratching.

I have to go to Galway ect to have a decent night out. I know club owners are afraid of attracting knackers but you can still play great sets that the majority will enjoy without going too hard.

The central midlands is in bad need of a good club. Wiseguys in Tullamore was the only decent one but it closed down. It sucks.

BloodBath

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Von Irish

I hear u. The country has some awful excuses for night-clubs. Its really hard to have a good nite when the music is sh*t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 tommytom

Originally posted by BloodBath
    In Athlone and Tullamore there are 5 clubs. #1, bridge house, ginkles, bozos, blinkers. Every single one of them have crap dj's. The odd time you get some-one that at least tries and gets some good mixes done. I was in the bridge a week ago and there was a young fella there. I'll give him marks for trying but he was fairly crap. He did a few good mixes but a lot went out of line and he even made an awful attempt at scratching.

I know what you mean. I was there on the bank holiday weekend. On the saturday night, there was a young lad doing the warm I suppose, and he wasn't the best at all. He's usually there on the saturday nights. I had to leave not long after he finishd and the main dj took over.
    There was a different jock there on Sunday night tho, only seen him there once before. played the whole night on his own. He was pretty good. didn't play loads of hard house but did alot of dance and the hi-energy stuff like jan wayne and special d and artmesia. had the crowd going fairly ok, and his beat matching was not bad at all.

Too many places seem to want to let anyone in who wants to be a dj, not actually is a dj. wrecks some peoples night out, as I've heard some bad ones in pubs. warm up jocks are ok if they can learn from their mistakes. otherwise they remain crap!

tommy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭pyrogenx

VERY VERY TRUE! but what can do about it ? here is the answer : flip all!
    Here's the only 2 REAL solutions that will work instandly :

1. Get really pissed then u wont care about the music.
    2. Avoid night clubs and organise proper house party's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

errr... or hire out the club and book the djs yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭pyrogenx

ha ha, never thought of that. yet another option ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement