Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polling cards

Options
  • 12-06-2004 5:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

Went to vote but I was ineligible to vote in the referendum so I thought maybe it was cause I was born in Scotland (I know I should've asked) and was a bit disapponted cause I did a bit of reading on it.

Now I only voted once when I turned eighteen so I didn't give it much thought until I saw the rest of the familys polling cards.

They were twice the size of mines and on the back, it had some information on the the referendum which mine hasn't.

What I would like to know is who do I contact about this so I can get my full voting rights for the next time.Thx.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by Block (8
    Went to vote but I was ineligible to vote in the referendum so I thought maybe it was cause I was born in Scotland (I know I should've asked) and was a bit disapponted cause I did a bit of reading on it.

Are you an Irish citizen?
    Do you have an Irish Passport?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

I'm still holding a Uk passport but have been living here for about 20 years.

It's the same with the brother and he was able to vote on the referendum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Apparently (according to something in The Star today) UK citizens living here are allowed to vote in Irish elections apart from referendums and something else which I can't remember right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Exit
    Apparently (according to something in The Star today) UK citizens living here are allowed to vote in Irish elections apart from referendums and something else which I can't remember right now.
    Presidential election maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Yep, just checked it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

Ah well! Thx for the replies.

Advertisement