Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Licence Application

Options
  • 12-06-2004 6:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

OK, let's all wish Phantom the best of luck in getting a
    permanent licence this time around. It's not as if it's going to
    be their first application: hopefully the persistence will pay off!

As a great Irish songwriter once said:
    "Wouldn't it be great if it could be like this all the time?"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

Here Here... i don't get to tune in that much being in cork... but it'd be great if when i get the train up to Dublin i can tune in to the station without havin to think what day of the week it is.. thats too much thinkin for my little brain to comprehend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

Ah yea, best of luck lads! Knock 'em dead. :D
    xm

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭legofsalmon

I'll third that motion, the very best of luck......

like you guys have to get it this time... will be camping outside the ilaq centre to see this list of applications and the competition on the 20th. even if scottish media holdings and those kids apply you guys will still get it.... I have a gut feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

All the best phantom!

There's no other applicant that has phantom's experience, respect and connection to dublin's rock community. When there's only one [worthy] candidate, there's only one choice!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

best of luck phantom.

if the BCI have any sense, they will go for the station with the most connections and experience in this market, and the darn best set-up. The past few weekends of Phantom have just shown that you guys aint no 2 bit pirate operation, you're the real deal.

Flogen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭ozone6280

Good luck from everyone here in the usa. You are our only source for the best music in Ireland. Hopfully the BCI will give you a licence for your many year of hard work and fun promoting and playing the best of Irish new talent on the radio and online .
    GoodLuck in your licence application
    Pierce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭addicted

.hope you get it.

When will we know ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

Best of luck Phantom. By mighty Anubis and the great cosmic sky turkey I really really hope you get it this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

twill be liek witness again except without the music and lots of reading being done...camping waiting to read the applicatiosn that is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 cawo

if you dont get it this time so help me there'll be such a kicking.....

it costs how much to apply each time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

15, 000 this time according to the guidelines. if u don't get it u get 10,000ish back or somethign.. what the hell do they need 5000 is my question....and why do they need so much jsut to apply?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭butterfly

if there's any justice in the world (which is debatable, but here's hoping..) we'll be listening to phantom all the time by the end of the year. the commercials won't know what's hit 'em.
    fight the good fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭McGonagles

Saw this in a newspaper earlier this week.

Station to shed 'Country' name
    RADIO station Dublin's Country has been given the go-ahead for a name change to Star FM by the Broadcasting Commission of Ireland (BCI).

More info:
    http://www.unison.ie/irish_independent/stories.php3?ca=184&si=1202842&issue_id=11035

(registration required but it's free)

Advertisement