Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quorthon Dead

Options
  • 12-06-2004 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭

From RockRadio.se
    Thomas Quorthon died of heart failure
    Thomas "Quorthon" Forsberg, the frontman for pioneering Swedish metal band Bathory, has died of heart failure at the age of 39. Bathory's combination of garage-quality production and hardcore tempos, raw metal riffs and satanic lyrics through the '80s was instrumental in influencing the death metal scene. And Quorthon's inclusion of Nordic themes and orchestral flourishes in the '90s had a substantial impact on nascent Scandinavian black metallists, who fancied themselves Vikings. In a statement, video director Jonas Akerlund, who formed the band with Quorthon in 1983, said, "People like Marilyn Manson, Billy Corgan and the members of Metallica have all come up to me and have told me that they listened to Bathory. It is so sad. He had much more to offer." ...

Bathory were (and still are) ****ing excellent. Farewell Quorthon!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I had heard that this was a hoax, but now it seems rather doubtfull.

Indeed, farewell Quorthon.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

I had heard about this a few days ago, and searched "Bathory dead" (i didnt know his name)

this really sucks, i just got a load of Bathory albums yesterday and Im really getting into them. RIP Quorthon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

i was hoping it was a rumor. May his music live on!

Advertisement