Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gorgoroth singer jailed

Options
  • 12-06-2004 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭

It seems black metal is returning to its roots with the criminality aspect of the scene back at the fore. Ghaal has been arrested!

From www.blackmetal.co.uk
    Gorgoroth singer Gaahl has been jailed for 18 months after being found guilty of beating a 41-year-old man, who claimed he was the victim of ritual abuse. Gaal, who has several previous convictions, was also ordered to pay his victim 75,000 NOK (ZAR 76,131.93), plus 29,000 NOK (ZAR 29,432.19) in damages

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Ghaal's a ****ing nutcase in all fairness.

While I'd certainly be upset about Gorgoroth's live footage being seized in Poland, as that would certainly be a DVD I'd look farward to seeing. That was just downright foul play on the part of the Polish authorities.

This however, is a completely different lake of mad Norwegian ****tards.

As far as I know though, there's definetly some suspect elements to the victims claims... Especially about the so-called blood drinking that was supposed to have gone on, which is ridiculous seeing as Ghaal's vegitarian! I see that isn't mentioned in the snip you've provided, so I wonder what happened to those claims?

So this obviously calls into question the 'Ritual Abuse'.

I'm in two minds about this...
    Gorgoroth seems to have a hard time now, and could very well be just whipping boys of media controversy. On the other hand, Ghaal is a ****ing nutcase, and while I just don't believe the sillyness of the 'Ritual Abuse' of blood drinking claims, I certainly wouldn't put any kind of violent attacks past him.

As for Black Metal returning to the criminality aspect or it's roots... One ****tard shouldn't define the whole scene. And furthermore, aside from the murders, most of the criminal aspect was against the Church. So I'm sure there's a difference between the political statement of torching a church, and the ethos of anti-christianity, as opposed to some bloke with violent agressive tendancies.

Reguardless of the ethos, I think Black Metal shouldn't be dragged back into it's "Criminal" yesteryear...

There's so many incredibly talented and intelligent bands coming from the Norwegian BM scene nowadays, like Arcturus, Enslaved, Red Harvest and the likes, and I think emphasis should be put on them more than lesser bands that are only getting the spotlight because of their controversy.

How many kids have listened to Burzum because "Omg! That bloke killed someone!" as opposed to Burzum actually having some decent music?

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

sure hes only goin in for 3 months (or maybe its 2 years not sure.....) sure thats nothin...

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

Nesthead, its 18 months. Read the post.

Terrible ain't it. Good band promotion technique though, whether on purpose or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Horn Tackle

Is this a joke?

Gorgoroth?
    ZAR 76,131.93?
    29,000 NOK?

wtf?

Advertisement