Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tounge piercing - yay or nay?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

are you serious?? after i got it done i went home and had bacon and cabbage,
    i was able to eat fine, the second day was a bit sorer but i managed sandwiches and the likes, on the fourth day, i had chinese and 3cans, its now fine and no bother, i got oraldene and wash my mouth every morning, i walked outside the tattoo parlour and smoked a fag, the piercing is a doddle n i thought it would be alot worse to take of but now 1 n 3days later there is only a bit of yellow **** at the back of my tongue, tongue size it back to normal and im fine,
    you can eat sugary stuff, i take 6 to 8 sugars in my tea and i didnt give up drinking it,

stay away from spicy foods, thats all i was told i stayed away for 4days and no problem at all, but then again people are just good with piercings others arnt..

krisp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭kirn

Originally posted by Krispie
    are you serious?? after i got it done i went home and had bacon and cabbage,
    i was able to eat fine, the second day was a bit sorer but i managed sandwiches and the likes, on the fourth day, i had chinese and 3cans, its now fine and no bother, i got oraldene and wash my mouth every morning, i walked outside the tattoo parlour and smoked a fag, the piercing is a doddle n i thought it would be alot worse to take of but now 1 n 3days later there is only a bit of yellow **** at the back of my tongue, tongue size it back to normal and im fine,
    you can eat sugary stuff, i take 6 to 8 sugars in my tea and i didnt give up drinking it,

stay away from spicy foods, thats all i was told i stayed away for 4days and no problem at all, but then again people are just good with piercings others arnt..

krisp

jaysus.
    i can't eat at all.
    its the third day. i just tried some warm pasta. it was hell. i couldn't swallow and i was drooling averywhere....

f u c k me.
    this better get easier soon or its coming out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Groovemerchant

When I got mine I was workin in Shi toil and there was a chipped-ice dispenser on the coke machine. I just spent a week sucking on ice and it was totally healed after that. It really helps the pain too. Go buy some ice! Or you could just make some. yeah.

ya i was drinkin ice cold coke a good bit,made my tongue go black tho:/

anyways my tongue has totally healed now and im wondering does the indent of the ball go away?? iv got a indent which is getting smaller of the ball, quiet annoying tho. will it go away anytime soon or am i stuck with it??

hmm, never got an indent. I have noticed though that there a some little chips on my front teeth, top and bottom. They've been very slowly growing in size over the three or four years i have my piercing. hmmm. It's not very noticable, but dentists do say that stainless steel oral piercings damage the enamel on your teeth. You can probably get rubber or plastic balls though, can ya?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 blair_witch

hi...im new here....but i was just reading about everyones encounters with tounge piercings coz i wud like to get one. ive been wanting one for about a month now but reading all ur comments i am sure i want one now. i was wondering what is it like to kiss with one in...can u feel it wen ur kissing ppl? thank u :)

Yeah it's very nice kissing with a tongue piercing. Nice kissing someone with one too! I don't really feel it any more though, can't remember what it feels like not to have my tongue pierced. That fresh pain of the first few weeks is the best though....mmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

You can get PTFE barbells (a type of plastic), or just get acrylic or PTFE screw on balls for the steel barbell. Act now, you don't want that problem getting any worse.

Cool thanks. I'll have a look round town today see what the prices are like over here(I'm in Germany) I've never actually been able to take it out-it's too tight. When I was getting a shorter bar the guy in Snakebite had to get a couple of pliers to get it open!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sophie starr

sounds very very sore and looks awful .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

My friend got her tongue pierced about 2 years ago. She was constantly sucking on ice. It was kind of difficult for her to talk for a few days. I was thinking of getting mine done for ages but now i think i might get my tongue web pierced. Anyone here have the web pierced?

~Sarah~

hey...thankz for the whole kissing thing....my boyfriend doesnt no im getting it so i hope he likes it hehe thankz again :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 umustbcrazy619

im a 15 yr old girl and i want my tounge pierced my mom said i can but im still desiding im not scared or n e thing im just worried about what people will say i was just wondering if i could get some opinions so what do u think should i or not?:confused:

hi....im still wondering whether to get mine or not coz my boyf wont be very happy if i got it done (not tht he knows but i no what he's like).....but still i really want it done.
    so i think u shud go for it and dont worry what other ppl think coz its ur way of expressing urself and if they dont like it then thts there problem. x

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

If you are 15 I wouldn't bother getting it done. The reason why is that any good piercer subscribes to a recognised code of ethics, which restricts where can be pierced until you are 18 years old. Basically you can get you ears and nose, most other places are out of bounds.

Personnaly I wouldn't bother with anyone who breaks the code; if they are gonna break one rule chances are they will break more which calls their hyiegne into question.

tht is a good point actually coz ppl usually only thnk about the pain factor and how much its gonna cost. most ppl dont even consider the hygiene side of it. i suppose tht means i cant get mine done yet coz im only 17?? oh well its not long

tbh most places if they think ur 18, theyll pierce you, the slogan in my local is "If you are fortunate enough to look under 18 id may be required", i was gettin crazy piercings done when i was 16..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

My friend got hers done when she was 15, she brought her sister who was 18 and they pierced her. Go for it if you really want it! You shouldn't really care what others think, you should get it done for yourself!

~Sarah~

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 umustbcrazy619

ya i desided to get it done my aunt and uncle own a tattoo place so im goin in next week my mom is fine with it and u can be under 18 if u have a parent sign :D thats what most places say i just made sure my bf and a cuple others would be ok with it to make my choice so ill tell u what happens after it is done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

getting mine done fri, only prob is im away for 5 weeks after on hols. question is do you have to put in a shorter bar or can you leave the bigger one in. does it make a difference? i suppose i could just change the bar myself after 3 weeks or however long it takes.

Alcohol the day after i get it done, good or bad idea?

• Advertisement

The longer bar is used to allow for swelling, so once your tongue goes back to normal you can get a shorter bar. I didn't get my bar changed for around a year but apparently it's a good idea to get it changed as soon as possible cos the longer bar is worse for your teeth. Hope this helps, DoG

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by sound_wave

Alcohol the day after i get it done, good or bad idea?

Not a brilliant idea, a lot of people get swelling if they drink alcohol soon after getting their tongue piercing, which hampers the healing. Maybe stick to one or two drinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Saint

Question: What does it normally cost, Thinking of getting it done in skin graphics on abbey street.

i was wondering how long after getting my tounge pierced will i be able to drink alcohol again? coz i was going to hav it for my bday but i want it now plus im going out on the friday after my bday and i want to get rat-arsed? ta

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

heh,its only a few days,i had mine done 5 days and i was out kissin the girlies and gettin pissed :D

ta Garth_Vader....did urs swell up real bad?

thts it im getting it 26 of August ive booked it and its before my bday so i shud be ok by the 8th of september right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭toxic_angel

hey blair witch

i got mine done in march on a tues... was out drinking by sat and while i was told to wait bout 3 weeks before i could kiss properly i gave in after a week just make sure hes really gentle cos itll still be fairly tender....

mashed spaghetti hoops were easiest to eat.... remember being in a restaurant the day after wit bf was like our 2nd week together and was still being all ladylike etc .... not the easiest with mashed potato running down your chin cos u cant swallow itand taking bout 30 min to get through one scoop of it...... believe it or not we stayed together for 2 months after that.... apparently i made him laugh..... the weird thing is i normally never eat in front of guys have a paranoia bout the whole thing....

back to the peircing though.... go for it and as soon as the swelling is gone change to a shorter bar and enamel balls

if your going in cork city go to tattoo zoo.... its the most hygenic place and karen who does it make youll reallly relaxed and then no pain.. have fun

play safe
    play sanitary

Jeni xxx

well i live on the isle of wight and there is not many places tht do tounge piercing over here so ill need to be extra careful. thank u tho.....i hav a paranoia of eating in front of guys aswell coz i always get messy (im 17...how embarassing?) hehe. thank u very much for ur advice. is mashed potato ok to eat then?
    blair witch xxx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 JasonRoberts

:) I might get my toung pierced too, any good place to get it done?
    any general advice too?

Advertisement