Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tounge piercing - yay or nay?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dizzle

Mine is about two weeks into healing and for the first 3 days i wanted to rip it out of my mouth...it gets better

it only took me 3 ays before I was eating solid food again, basically if you keep attempting it will be fine. The only pain i really got was (and still is) from the barbell digging and my swollen spit glands (from producing excess saliva).

also ice will be your best friend....just keep eating it, trust me.

Although I have a question, I know your supposed to refrain from oral sex and kissing for about a month. Basically I was on day 12 when I broke those rules...Asking anyone if it should be alright, I mean it's a bit sore and swollen, but im assuming thats from the irriation not an infection. so yea is this an issue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭!_Brian_!

Oral sex / kissing is to be avoided because of bacteria and the risk of introducing infection or something dodgey into your system via the percing, not to mention the physical strain on the new piercing. Saying its a bit sore and swollen afterwards really just answers your own question really dosn't it?!

I just read through this whole thread and jesus, even tho its only two years ago the level of ignorance is breath taking at some parts! Gay cause you have tongue piercing?! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dizzle

well it's a matter of people never learn

and yea it was a stupid thing to do, however it doesnt look infected just irritated. It's also to be avoided so the piercing it self doesnt get infected..i just was hoping someone had been just as stupid as i and what not heh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Pfft, i still get the gay because you have a tongue piercing thing. People are idiots :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

I have my labret done and seriously considering getting my tongue done also...Just wondering, would there be any conflict with the two? Also, when I got my labret done, I found it difficult to chew stuff for a day or two (I kept biting down on it, ouch!), if anyone who has them both done how would they rate the after-effects of a new tongue piercing to this?! (bit of a wimpy question I know!) Think tongue piercing looks really savage, some really nice jewellery available for them...

• Advertisement
Advertisement