Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What, is this it?

Options
  • 12-06-2004 12:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭

Anyone else getting that sort of feeling?

For about 2 years, everything's been building up to the LC, and it's been this big shadow over our lives, and we've been thinking it'll be hell, torture and the like.

And...it's not. Wandering into the exam hall, sitting down, doing the exam...it's just like any other exam except that you can leave when you want. It's like doing so many practice exams just desensitized me completely.

I dunno, I just expected...more, somehow, though I can't explain why. Anyone else?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Nope, I've still got the ph33r running through me, it's healthy :) .

I wasn't impressed though the last time I did it, I just remember thinking "what's the big deal?".
    I AM repeating however, so that probably wasn't the best thing to be thinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

I'm the same way... doesn't feel anything like it was hped up to be. Even when I'm sitting down in the exam centre, opening up the paper, it still doesn't feel like the leaving cert. Bit of an anti-climax really.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭one-angry-dwarf

I'm exactly the same. Maybe its becasue i already got accepted into my course though. it takes a lot of pressure off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Roxoro

Same as you guys. It's a bit scary for the first exam but that goes after about 5 minutes, once you get into it.

The rest are grand too, it's weird. I thought it'd be a lot worse. Maybe it's just because we had the 'easy' ones first. Accounting, physics and maths 2 are gonna be scary :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

Not scared option since I've put in a fair amount of work and I know I've done my best

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

I still fear the next few exams. Business and biology especially. It's going to be a hectic day that day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

For some strange reason, i'm not worried at all. About 3 months ago i was going around saying "oh god oh god, i'm so screwed, i havn't studied", but now its like "i can study in the time between exams, its grand".

Also, the exams are a hellofalot easier than i thought they'd be (touch wood), and hopefully they'll continue on like that.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I think the mocks fúcked it up for me. I mean, I worked really hard because I wanted a decent predection of what I'd get. And then I got marked really weird so it was pointless.

Only one week left til freedom though. So thats what I'm looking forward to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Ye so far Iv felt that they have been ok and what i hoped for but I have had all my "easy" papers. I still got geography on mon( which is easy but I gotta do a LOT of learning for country) and I got french physics and chemistry still to come. So after chemistry ill tell ya if it was an anti-climax!

Originally posted by Mutant_Fruit
    Also, the exams are a hellofalot easier than i thought they'd be (touch wood), and hopefully they'll continue on like that.

Don't say that. There's still Physics and Applied to go, probably the two with the biggest bollox-paper potential out of the lot. Who's going to care if they give us an impossible paper in applied? At least if it was in maths or something there'd be loads of media coverage and complaints.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

I'd say the dwindling numbers of students taking those subjects is worth a lot more towards a nice paper than some irate journalist. I'm optimistic.

Originally posted by Discharger Snake
    I'd say the dwindling numbers of students taking those subjects is worth a lot more towards a nice paper than some irate journalist. I'm optimistic.

Well, the numbers aren't actually dwindling - they've always been about the same for applied. Physics is supposed to be going down a bit, but our class this year was one of the biggest in the past 5 years. Maths has always had a reputation of being one of the hardest subjects even after they've made the course insanely basic since 1994.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭elle

Well i thought i was gna be so stressed, all year i've been waiting for it to hit me but no nothing. I feel strange, like not worried at all but I still don't feel like I'm doing the BIG LC, after all the pressure we've been put under for the past two years, it really is no big deal. For first ten mins of english though i sat in a daze just staring around me-like i couldn't focus or anything. Bring on the 16th!!!!!!!!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭insomniac

Just outta curiousity am I the only one who can't seem to be bothered to do any study for the 5 exams(Maths 2(H), Geography, French, History, Business) that I have coming up over 2 1/2 days. I should be bricking it about em but I'm just not bothered. Ah well, ROLL ON 21st!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

It just doesn't seem real or something. For my orals I was a wreck, but now I'm utterly serene, even *shudder* confident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

Same here. I was doing maths paper 1 and got stuck on a differentiation question and skipped it, was in the middle of the next question when i realised "hold on a second, this is my leaving cert, can't jus skip stuff like that!!"...only get one chance! All the papers have been fair enough so-far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Originally posted by insomniac
    Just outta curiousity am I the only one who can't seem to be bothered to do any study for the 5 exams(Maths 2(H), Geography, French, History, Business) that I have coming up over 2 1/2 days. I should be bricking it about em but I'm just not bothered. Ah well, ROLL ON 21st!!!!!!!!

Um... Well I am, I've only revised Tech Drawing, Maths paper 2 and French. Haven't touched Business nor biology :eek: Must start tomorrow or else I'm screwed for Biology.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

yea i dont feel worried about it anymore
    as soon as geography is out of the way im happy

come on the 21st :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Ye tomory is my worst day , and I havent been arsed doing any study over the last few days :( kinda getting into it today but not much!! :(

Just gotta keep my C1 in geog and im sorted, oh and get an A1 in math which I should do pretty handy (pass)

After tomory its ok in a relative sense as I have 3 tests left and they all on different days, and I got 6 days to study for the 2 hardest (chem + physics)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

A few months ago sum1 posted a thread in this forum saying that they were in college now and looking back on it, everyone wonders "what the fook was I so worried about?". Maybe thats the best approach to take now, coz if you're a total wreck you're bound to make mistakes. Fear can b gud 2 tho! I'm ****tin it for physics and economics.
    Serious cramming will b done...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

yeah i got a little bit nervous before maths paper one but that's only cos i completely suck monkeys at maths. the junior certs are brickin it in our school, we've been going to the pub after exams and playing hangman before them and stuff like that.
    it's feels all kinda (and i quote mahon here) is it oneiric? for where its all dreamy and ethereal? yeah. oneiric. which is a good thing cos it means i'm sleeping soundly!

Advertisement