Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert CSPE Exam

Options
  • 12-06-2004 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

To the best of my knowledge the CSPE course is designed as one of it's functions to teach students about politics? The test was a joke and an insult to the intellegance of the students taking it.

The first questions had a picture of, Mary Robinson, Bertie Ahern, George Bush and Tony Blair and a list of the places they worked, you had to match the person with the place they worked.

Another of the questions showed one of the electrotic voting machines with a choice between yes and no button and asked is this a general election or a referendum.

My friends and I walked out of the exam 100% complete every questions, after half an hour, and we even had to wait because we were done too easy.

What is this supposed to teach kids about politics?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

but what were you classes like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Kyle Myers

The classes taught us nothing we didnt already know to be hounest. About the EU, what it does. The courts in Ireland and the government system. Most of that is common knowledge, I really think people our age should be given some credit and actually taught something rarther than have a state exam we can finish in 15 mintues.

i dont think all 14yr olds would know all those tihngs would they?
    im not sure i did

exam sounds like crap though

We'll the majority of people taking the exam are 15-16 year olds, there are very few 14 year olds in my class. You'd be surprised how much about polictics alot of kids know, and I know for certain we know more than the government are giving us credit for in the exam. I can give you another example of how bad it was.

There was a seperate piece of paper with some newspaper headlines:

Disabilties group seeks talks with Ahern
    Gardai to get more power
    Center for homeless closing down

And 3 of the questions following it were:

1. Who is seeking talks with Ahern?
    2. What are the Garadi going to get?
    3. What kind of center is closing down?

I wish this was just an example but this is 100% true, this is what they had on the paper.

i was trying to guess jc age, couldn't remember 15 then... ok

i was trying to think back to my jc yeah i think you can't help but know these days...

just read the bit in th irish time about the paper didn't mention anything you said just that the photos were unclear...?

said it was fair and straighforward and wide range of subjects covered

• Advertisement

Lol... they obviously didn't sit the exam... I thought it was an insult...

they had a box with a couple of quotes from skool.ie

why don't you write about it there and see if the times picks it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Doesn't that exam have one level for all students rather than both higher and lower levels?

Advertisement