Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible to take extra Paper?

Options
  • 12-06-2004 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I was wondering is it posiible at this late stage to take an extra paper? I was looking at the previous Business Exam Papers and most of it I can do so I was wondering is it possible to take the paper on Wednesday or am I too late?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

I'd say you're probably too late... and if you think you ca do the business exam from stuff you learned in Junior Cert, well then you're very mistaken. Business looks really easy, but you've got to go into detail. Most of it is common sense, but you need to give examples, accurate definintions and other stuff that you actually need to *learn*. You could probably try the paper (if they let you) and get a D at higher, but what's the point if you're going to risk failing it? Unless you've done business before, I'd say you're mad to try and take it up the weelend before the exam, without even a revision book/exam papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭kevinmcc

I was looking at the ordinary level paper though. It's quite easy can answer most of it but I just need to know if I'll be able to sit it. If I don't pass sure there's no harm done it's just another one to add to the list

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

You're talking about getting 5 to 15 points from it, and that's only if that's in your top 6. Sounds like a pretty pointless thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭kevinmcc

Well I am only doing 6 subjects in the LC and I'm not doin a Business subject at all so if I get the chance to do the paper I'm takin it. Sure what the hell if I only get 5-15 points extra it might be the difference between getting into a course and not. So I take it I will have to talk to my exam superintendent about it or will I ring the SEC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭SeanPuddin

You signed a piece of paper about a month or two back, stating wot subjects your gonna do, and what level they'll be.

So no you can't take an extra paper, but you can change level. I know cos I almost missed signing up for Physics which i study at home...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

Well I am only doing 6 subjects in the LC and I'm not doin a Business subject at all so if I get the chance to do the paper I'm takin it. Sure what the hell if I only get 5-15 points extra it might be the difference between getting into a course and not.
    You'd only get those points if you failed something or did badly in another pass subject that you're doing. By taking a subject that you're hoping to pass at ordinary level you're wasting valuable time for other subjects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

Plus, that great big "E", "F" or maybe even "NG" will look brilliant on your certificate...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 azkaban18

hey ur way too late now! have studied all year and havent covered the course yet and im only in fifth year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Originally posted by subway_ie
    Plus, that great big "E", "F" or maybe even "NG" will look brilliant on your certificate...

ha ha ha :D

Advertisement