Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You keep bashing and we'l keep growing

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

Originally posted by Nuttzz
    The FF/PD governemt have brought the country out of the dark ages IMO, SF economic policies are the exact opposite of what brought so many jobs to the economy.

No the FF/PD government just happened to be in the right place at the right time.Tell the people on hospital waiting lists and the twice as many homeless as there is since 97 that FF/PD are doing a good job

It was the rainbow coalition that negotiated the 12.5% corporation tax rate,attracting foreign investment thus creating jobs.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Sinn Féin have benefitted from major dissatisfaction with the incumbent government parties and the genuine lack of any real alternative to them. These results are partly pro-SF and partly a protest vote and it remains to be seen if they could ever replicate them in the future after having done their stint on the various local councils.

Personally I'm glad there are none of them on my local council, and I would have even accepted just handing every seat to any other party of your choosing to keep it that way. The reason I say that is because as much as people here try to be apologists for them and say that they're doing great work locally, you then have Gerry Adams appearing on RTE a short while ago "reminding" people that "the Irish people want an end to British rule on the island of Ireland". And there I was thinking that local councillors would be concerning themselves with roads, waste management and that sort of stuff. Shows how much I know...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Originally posted by zaph
    Shows how much I know...

Or it shows how Gerry never misses a chance to make a party political broadcast. Maybe he's just trying to make up for all that time spent under Section 31...

I was fairly pi*sed off to hear Adams on the radio yesterday doing the same when all the other contributors were trying to discuss the elections themselves. He couldn't even get Richard Bruton's name right. I did like Bruton's response to Adams goading him on FG's record in government regarding housing when he told Gerry that they could talk about the history of their respective parties if he wished, but he'd prefer to deal with the here and now. Shut Gerry up quick smart...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭AmenToThat

Great to see SF doing so well, good base nationally now to work from so I cant see why the party dont continue to grow and grow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Gael

Sorry just for my information. How many council seats did SF have before this election?

• Advertisement
Advertisement