Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

portugal v greece goals

• 12-06-2004 5:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭

1-0 to the greeks after 6 mins

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭naitkris

Greece are going to win this match... i just know it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Harry2001

Excellent first half from Greece, Portugal need to get their fingers out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Figo is such a passenger...moan moan moan without actually saying anything. Greece very good esp in thier
    quick use of ball, while Portugal are ponderous by comparison.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I think Portugal are just showing the effects of 21 friendlies back to back. I think they'll pick it up a bit in the 2nd half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Greece will win 2-0 or 2-1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Portugal will rip them in the 2nd half

Peno to greece 2-0

see i was right :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

God Portugal suck

indeed they do

Good ould Ronaldo, really pains me to seem his screw it up :)

Mind you, he has made a big difference since he came on, in more ways that one ;)

• Advertisement

Aye hes a fine greek player :D

ah wheres that .gif of him doing all the step overs and falling down when you need it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I don't think he did anything wrong really.

He chased the ball all the way back and was unfortunate to give away the foul, it clearly wasn't intentional.

Totally the left backs fault

Originally posted by PHB
    it clearly wasn't intentional.

Ah will then....

He is actually playing well, Portugal have certainly improved since he came on anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

well done ronaldo HAHAHAHAHA

I reckon portugal can get a goal but what a disapointment

He cant pass worth **** in this game tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

6 man midfield :confused:

kdjac

2-1 ronaldo scored (and im still right about the scores!)

All over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Flakey characters and performance, pity they scored at the death as they did'nt deserve anything really.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

Portugal were pretty crap, Figo looks past it, kept doing the funny faces part and parcel of the Real Madrid circus but doesnt cut it in international matches.

Ronaldo has a few tricks but poor delivery. Their defence was pathetic..

Imagine being the host nation and playing like that.. God..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Most of the players on the Portuguese bench should have started. The first goal was a joke, Couto was playing in Europe's biggest tournament and he let just let the ball pass him.

Portugal deserved to lose but I think that will be Greece's last win.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭paddyduff

Rui costa's a has been! The team selection was all wrong.

Greece played much better as a team and deserved the win, didn't like how they surrounded their own goal in the last 10 mins though, would have prefereed to see more attacking play and keeping the ball in the Portugese half. the Greek possesion went downhill after the 2nd goal and they seemed to have taken the win for granted.

other than that Greece will go through group A if they keep up the performance against Russia and Spain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Yay!

Sygxaritiria! (can't even post in Greek on a Greek computer wtf?)
    Kaly tyxi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Well, thats my predictions all out the window already! Oh well. Roll on Spain vs. Russia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Dewey

I tipped Portugal.......:mad:

I also backed them:mad: but i also backed Spain and they won so still in with a chance.

But Portugal were bad and i mean bad. you would of thought they might want to put in a good display for there fans since they are playing at home but they were truely bad and Greece deserved the win. Cant see Portugal getting out of the group now.

Originally posted by Dewey
    I tipped Portugal.......:mad:

I also backed them:mad: but i also backed Spain and they won so still in with a chance.

But Portugal were bad and i mean bad. you would of thought they might want to put in a good display for there fans since they are playing at home but they were truely bad and Greece deserved the win. Cant see Portugal getting out of the group now.

Portugal should go through the group, all hangs on the Portugal v Spain match that is the last match for Portugal in the group phase... will be a good match to watch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Originally posted by eirebhoy
    Most of the players on the Portuguese bench should have started. The first goal was a joke, Couto was playing in Europe's biggest tournament and he let just let the ball pass him.

Portugal deserved to lose but I think that will be Greece's last win.

well after tonight I fancy them to beat the Russians , we could end up with 3 teams on 6 points .

Advertisement