Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July Is Going To Be The Month

• 12-06-2004 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I hope im not jumping the gun, but just rang up NTL and July is going to be a big month of rolling out NTL all over Dublin and other areas. I know we have heard it before but we have seen enough on the news and newspapers to believe it is really going to happen...so im waiting in hope + excitment for the 1.5MB connection coming my way soon!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭CONMIKE12

Finally ,the holy grail is in sight...(i hope) !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Ye sure and the Second Coming of Jesus too:rolleyes:. You young ones need to learn some old fashioned cynicism - this is NTL!!! - they have been rolling out BB for 5 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭vishal

i am not sure what they have to do to upgrade areas but i'd say they have to dig up streets again. this takes time and unless people are seeing ntl people outside of lucan doing this already, i doubt it will be before the end of the year before a small number of areas around dub are upgraded.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭zzap64

I don't think they'll need to dig up the streets again. When they dug them up 3+ years ago, I assume that was for digital TV and broadband, but then the crash happened and they didn't bother with either for a while.

So hopefully all the fiber is there for broadband, they just need the hardware etc.

DAMN I need broadband again, my mate around the corner can get ErrorCom broadband but I can't! Had it for 2 years in Cambridge, UK but now I'm back, dial-up is killing me.....slowly.... :-D

Advertisement