Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spain Vs Russia

• 12-06-2004 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭

2-1 to Spain.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

3-2 to spain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Lol I started a thread about this at the exact same time as jollyrodger did, could someone merge them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

spain are looking good !

Raúl although not brilliant at one particular aspect of his game looks like he is going to score

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

3-3

kdjac

spains pace has gone... maybe the usual spanish collapse in on the cards ?

morientes should have scored !!:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭naitkris

i predict 0-0 or 1-1 final score...

Originally posted by naitkris
    i predict 0-0 or 1-1 final score...

Aye its looking that way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Spain look the more likely to score , I Fancy them to nick it by a goal.

More than likely thats the kiss of death for them

1-0 spain

Russia were quite disapointing... only one goal in it and they showed no conviction, no ideas or conviction....

But spain didnt look great against the likes of Russia, cant see them going all the way.

Good decision from the manager though, i thought it was stupid at the time, but scoring after 35.7 seconds !! excellent

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

The Russians were playing dirty. They did the same thing when we played them in Lansdowne - what is it, 5 with yellows and 1 sent off? Spain deserved to win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

the mullet haired young lad looked useful when he came on, start him from now on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Harry2001

Originally posted by thejollyrodger
    Russia were quite disapointing... only one goal in it and they showed no conviction, no ideas or conviction....

But spain didnt look great against the likes of Russia, cant see them going all the way.

Good decision from the manager though, i thought it was stupid at the time, but scoring after 35.7 seconds !! excellent

Agreed, Russia should go home now after that ****e tonight, their passing and final ball were abysmal

Spain had lots of the possession but created little really and the match was boring because of the lack of chances

hopefully Spain v Portugal will be a good game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Harry2001

Originally posted by bazH
    the mullet haired young lad looked useful when he came on, start him from now on

reminded me a lot of Chris Waddle :D

Same awkward run, but he looks a good player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Did'nt see the first 55 mins, what I did see was'nt in any way "dirty" so the first half must have been total war...?

Spain were pretty poor I thought apart from the goal itself, they could have wrapped it up easily you'd have though given the Russians were a man down and not
    playing to win anything...

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Spain did alright, I've got a feeling that after the first goal they took the foot off the pedal to conserve themselves for the tougher games ahead. Nevertheless, they looked solid tonight, Baraja was excellent and the midfield controlled the game. One step closer to my €35 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Fernando Torres that was, excellent player the turn at the edge of the box was sublime.
    His only weakness seems to be his hair cut which looks like something from a bad 80's popstar.
    The right winger with the unpronouncable name looks very useful.
    Vicente also is a good player, him and Baraja are not for sale from Valencia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by smuckers

His only weakness seems to be his hair cut which looks like something from a bad 80's popstar.

_38749985_waddle298.jpg

Yeah Chris Waddle! (Hoddle and Waddle anyone?! :eek: )

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by bazH
    Fernando Torres is probably Spain's best young player, even better than Reyes when he played in Spain.

What a substitution for Spain.:D The referee was a bloosy twat. You can't give away a freekick in a major tournament these days without getting booked. Russia are fecked at the back now, a lot worse than England's problems. They had to play Smertin at centre half because of so many injuries and now they are another centre half short for the Portugal match.

HAHAHHAHA - yeah it was pathetic... did he run out of money to finish the hair cut :P

I reckon the portugal Spain match should be good (hopefully)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Dewey

It was a great first half. Spain could of been a few goals up in the first 20 minutes then Russia came into it towards the end of the first half and could of scored. But Second half was poor from Russia, they just didnt want to go for a win and sat back and invited Spain to score and they did.

I am surprised with the lack of pace up front for Spain. you can see Raul is really low on confindence after a poor season with Madrid. Torres looks a really good player. i wouldnt mind seeing more of him in the next 2 matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Originally posted by smuckers

The right winger with the unpronouncable name looks very useful.

Joseba Etxeberria is a great player, would have a much higher profile if he wasn't playing for Athletic Bilbao.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

yup he just turned 27 on wednesday , and has been on the Spanish team for 5 or 6 years , quality player .

Vicente , looks like he's gonna be very dangerous during this tournament , Barjia has great vision and can spot people brilliantly and Abelda is a good player too .
    If Raul and Morientes are a bit sharper Spain could go all the way , cause they are certainly creative enough .

Advertisement