Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoos on feet

• 12-06-2004 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

Meant to be **** sore. It's awful close to the bone supposedly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by smiaras
    Thinking about getting another tattoo and I quite like ones that are concealable. Whats the story with parlours in Ireland, do they have the same ban on hands as feet?

There's no ban on hand or feet tattoos in Ireland, just most artists won't do work on your hands unless you have a load of tatts in case you regret it later.

Feet would be sore, skin is very thin there and more sensitive. Also you'd have to wear sandles with no socks while it was healing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭J-537

Ouch yeah I'd say that would be sore :eek:

footsie tattoos = http://images.google.ie/images?svnum=100&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=foot+tattoo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Originally posted by eth0_
    There's no ban on hand or feet tattoos in Ireland, just most artists won't do it unless you have a load of tatts in case you regret it later.

My mam got a tattoo on her foot about 6 years ago. Her first one, she said the guy didn't kick up a fuss, he just did it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Chaos_Path

Most studios wont tattoo the soles of your feet or the palms of your hands.Apart from the fact theyre an absolute bugger to heal, the ink comes out and fades pretty quickly, so its abit pointless getting a tattoo there in the first place.

if youre gonna get a tattoo on the top of your foot however, be prepared to wear flip-flops and other silly footwear for a good while afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭razorfeather

socks and shoes make your feet really sweaty... so the ink fades loads and regular touch ups would be inevitible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Originally posted by razorfeather
    socks and shoes make your feet really sweaty... so the ink fades loads and regular touch ups would be inevitible

May differ from person to person. Like I said my mother has hers about 6 years and doesn't show any unusual amount of fadding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭razorfeather

*shrugs*

i won't be the one with a sweated off tattoo so i dont mind lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭qwertyphobia

I have a tattoo around my ankle that also streaches out along the top of my foot.

have to say it was very sore had it done about 3 to 4 years ago, no real fadding.

Will take a pic later and stick it up

Advertisement