Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crossfire : Paint Ball

• 07-05-2001 5:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭

Hey i know this is always mentioned but who actually wants to set one up and go ? cos it looks class and shud be a bitta craic .

http://www.crossfire.ie For more info
    Slap ur name below if ur intrested

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

ive been to that site so many teams i wanna go!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Can anybody play?
    Yes. So long as you are 18 or older. That's the only prerequisite. </font>

that could exclude a few people frown.gif
    defenly me anyway..

ps. ok now kiddie's no ned to reply to lets us know if it exclude's you or not
    I don't think anyone care's if it does or not

[This message has been edited by OJ (edited 07-05-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

And me frown.gif

Originally posted by Lucy_la_morte:
    J'adore richindub2 mais pas le Spam.
    0o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

i can go. and probably a few of the lads here (Tipp Institute) would go too. looks class.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"
    -Nietzsche

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭[fist]Snowball

I'll also go. Paintball is allways a laugh!!

If there is a ****up later u can count some [fist] members in also. wink.gif fist members together = ****up and things we will all want to forget later. hehe smile.gif

Anyways keep us posted.

P.S: By the way, there is 1 place near killternan and another in past bray. The 1 near in Killternan is supost to be cheaper and the owners are a ns bunch!!!!

Snowball.

Another sygn in name, whats new.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭[IAR]Nevermind

lads ... fake id's im sure there not strict rich gisus a pic of ur face and ill make u an id and neone else who wants one just for paintball though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

so kiddies are a go go?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

heh
    it's only over 18's because of insurance reason's
    and I'm telling you
    you won't and I mean won't be able to make rich look 18 fs
    he's only like 13 and he is even small for fukes sakes
    not a point in him even trying

yeh we can we can paste hair onto his face and other areas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

i say everyone gets drunk and toasted, nicely toasted,and goes for a few rounds of PB biggrin.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

im going to shoot you all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

thats a choice of 2 . so whos up for it cos we need a decent 20 people b4 we can go the skirmish one looks better i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

I went to skirmish in october as a group of 15/16 year olds. The guns were semi automatic mega l33t rifles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

IIRC, if you want to play all day, you have to be over 18, but you can book a half-day for over 16s.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Words of warning folks - it's VERY expensive for a full day - I was in the Crossfire one for an evening and I spent £40 on ammo (company paid for the thing and some ammo).

You will need a lot of cash if you're planning on going.

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    So I turned around to Jack Charlton and said: "Well of course it's not a football Jack, it's an '86 Chardonay!!!"
    [honey i] violated [the kids]
    Tribes 2 Goodness
    The Dawn of the Beefy King approaches...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Ive been to crossfire a few times and had a blast - spent over 40 on ammo and no company was paying biggrin.gif

Id like to give skirmish a try but would go to either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by smoke-me-a-kipper:
    i can go. and probably a few of the lads here (Tipp Institute) would go too. looks class.
    </font>

UR in Tipp Inst!!! I'M IN TIPP INST!!!!!! eek.gif
    yeah sign me up! biggrin.gif
    "just because ur not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after u!"

[This message has been edited by azezil (edited 08-05-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

£40?? Jesus, you lightweight, last time I went I spent £70 solely on ammo smile.gif

One of the lads I went with ran up a bill of nearly 100 squid and had to go down to the ATM to get cash.

Sico, 70 quid, lol.

You were re-enacting Rambo or something? wink.gif

ITs easy to get carried away though..

Typical scenario
    soldier #1 : hes behind that tree!!!!

soldier #2 : *splat*splat*splat**splat*splat*splat**splat*splat*splat**splat*splat*
    *splat**splat*splat*splat**splat*splat*splat**splat*splat*splat**splat*
    *splat*splat**splat*splat*splat**splat*sp lat*splat*

soldier #1 : Not that tree, the other one......idiot ;p

[This message has been edited by Snaga (edited 08-05-2001).]

• Advertisement

lol, it is like that allright.
    The expession paintin' the city is now paintin' the forest, just in case. U have to make sure...so instead of 1 or 2 shots each 10 or 20 each, just to make sure. lol Lots of fun.
    Me and surge are goin to go halfs on a box, dependin on the amount of shotts per box we might need more to share the box. Hehe, I will not be runninout of amo. "Just to make sure" wink.gif

Just 1 thing guys, DON'T SHOOT UP CLOSE, real painfull and real unfare. And is 1 starts it they all end up doin' it and then everyone will end up with a silly amount of welts!

Snowball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Thurles, hmmmm i wonder if we could get college to give something for it, they said something about organiseing a party for our class! i'll give it a try (hee hee like nothing better than to beat a few of these twits around! biggrin.gif)

"just because ur not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after u!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

If your buying a case of ammunition get it online, should work out about 80 quid instead of 150 for about 2000 rounds, get Blaze ammo as they mightn't want you to use anything else in their guns (thats what they usually use @ Skirmish).
    2000 rounds should do 4 (intelligent) people for an afternoon, 500 rounds each.

You get 100 rounds to start in Skirmish and its 8quid for an extra 60 iirc.
    The other place I don't know the story

it was a tenner for 100 in crossfire if i remember correctly, slightly better value for money.

Still either way tis gonna cost a fortune smile.gif

*splat**splat**splat**splat**splat**splat**splat**splat**splat**splat*
    *splat**splat**splat**splat**splat**splat**splat*

Well I may have to have a box to my self, I'm not very intelegent. I hurl bucketts of the stuff @ ppl just to be sure biggrin.gif

But 1 box for me and Surge and maybe 1 more.
    HMmmmmm, gonna have to clear it with the ppl up there.

By the way guys, wooses should not come up. Paint ball hurts, it is **** loats of fun but when u get hit u know it.

Snowball.

P.S: By the way, SShhhhhhh to the Quake players, don't tell them wink.gifwink.gif they probably would not be able to handle it anyways biggrin.gif and the last thing we need to Quakers bringin' up there pogo-sticks and thinkin' that they can play Paintball like Quake biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by OJ:
    heh
    it's only over 18's because of insurance reason's
    and I'm telling you
    you won't and I mean won't be able to make rich look 18 fs
    he's only like 13 and he is even small for fukes sakes
    not a point in him even trying
    </font>

Shup oj fs, im 14 tongue.gif
    Also, im not THAT much smaller than you (only that lump and logic were standing next to me for the whole night and made me look tiny biggrin.gif )

Originally posted by Lucy_la_morte:
    J'adore richindub2 mais pas le Spam.
    0o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Looks cool! When would this happen? I can bring my Paint Ball Shotty that I got on-line biggrin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Dark-Ninja

Paintball - when the ak 47 masters in cs are people to run from, run, run very very fast eek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gif

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

|** Signing Off **|
    [-FI-]-Dark-Ninja-
    Vice Clan Leader and Match Arranger

so... Nevermind, u gonna orgainize this?, u kinda landded ur self in it. hehe wink.gif I can orgainize for some fist guys to and some of the "X"-DnC guys might tag along. Should be a good laugh.

By the by, the thing with the ID's is a good Idea if u look 18 or there abouts, if not it is only silly, and will p1ss off the organizers of the paintball place.

NO PAIN NO GAME!!!!
    KILL, KILL, KILL!! AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Snowball.

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by azezil:
    UR in Tipp Inst!!! I'M IN TIPP INST!!!!!! eek.gif
    yeah sign me up! biggrin.gif
    </font>

u in thurlus r clonmel?

<snip> (see below)

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"
    -Nietzsche

[This message has been edited by smoke-me-a-kipper (edited 08-05-2001).]

ok, nevermind that.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">The cost is just £29.50 per person per day. Group discounts are available for groups of 30 and over. Depending on how "trigger happy" you are, players should budget for extra ammunition, on average players use a further £24 for paint.

We will make a provisional booking for you. In order to confirm your booking you must complete the booking form and return it to us within 2 weeks of the date of the game. A non-refundable deposit of £10 per player must accompany your returned booking form. Each player must fill in and sign a release and rental document on arrival. All players must be 18 years or over.

No alcohol or illegal substances on site.</font>

-Nietzsche

by the way u can organize to buy a box of amunition. It works out real cheap. I am up for it if some siko (like mua) wants to share a box. maybe more that just 2 of us, depending of the amo inside, I'ma little trigger happy. ... well more that a litte :/

Snowball.

er i just mentioned it someone else organsise it smile.gif

hah you came up with the idea

Hmmmmm.... I can organize it but it will have to be in a while. I have no money and have some crap to sort out.

The 1 thing is that if I am doin' it u guys will have to pay in advance. I am not goin' to all the trouble and then people not showin' up.

Snowball.

Another sign in name ... he ... whats new.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

i took me 7 months to get my money (and the money of some big, angry friends) back off Jag, the cheeky fellow...

I'm up for it, but someone better get it organised, and ill pay up in time.

at least Jag had decided to take it on before he posted, but now his heart has been blackened by repeated Boards scandals...

"The post you have just read is true... and by true, I mean false, it's all lies... but they're entertaining lies, and in the end, isn't that the real truth? The answer... is no..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭[DnC]Mr.Tickle

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sico:
    £40?? Jesus, you lightweight, last time I went I spent £70 solely on ammo smile.gif
    </font>

Thats cause you missed everything even motionless trees, Co<k-Eye tongue.gif

Blah PB Jag ran off with every1's deposit last time! Fe<kin Thiefing A|ss Bandit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 biostar

Tipp inst has a paintball club and transport is free plus reduced rates for the students. The only problem was everybody wanted to go at different times.

This year I will just pick a date and if your interested go shoot someone.

http:www.funkill.tk is their website but it's not updated for this year... :mad: player3_big.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I co-founded the UCG team (plug: www.irishpaintball.com)

Was in Skirmish recently and have to say I was very disappointed with their setup. Even for a rec field, a lot of their games allow (almost encourage even) close-up shooting. Head shots don't count and in all games we played, attacking players can keep re-entering the game after starting back from base.

So, my vote's for Crossfire. If you check the events board, Havelock was looking at organising this earlier in the summer but lost his net connection for 3 months (eek!). Maybe he'll pick up where he left off and get us a game organised for September/October?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭keu

Just did a weekend of it..very painful, took my legs two days to figure how to walk again and bruised all over. (tried not to cry after getting shot five times in one go)
    Sister broke her leg too.
    I think we were ripped off by the company aswell, we had booked in 11, but only four of us went aheaed with it, and we were still charged 20 euro a head for those who were booked. (not a deposit, they said was insurance, and yet we signed a disclaimer before we started)
    But, it is good fun, if you like pain. ;)

• Advertisement

Where exactly did you play keu? And are you a particularly delicate person?

The paintballs sting a little alright but they don't hurt that badly at all unless you're hit from close range (which shouldn't happen in a well run park).

The €20 per head booked in is a standard deposit system run by almost every PB park in the country. The disclaimer is meaningless, as they don't stand up in court in this country. It's a pity because that's why paintball (which is statistically safer than golf or practically any other sport you want to mention) is so expensive in this country. The insurance rip off bastárds charge upwards of quarter of a million a year for a park's insurance!

combat zone outside limerick (newcastle west I think)
    as for delicate, I was an athelete for years, competeing on a national level, so I would be more inclined to be strong, although that was a long time ago. (probably not as strong as would have been)
    The last round I got shot from a distance of about 15 feet, (legs) I immediately got down but took a shot to my hand which was bare skin and jeezez that hurt. I did have to catch my breath and started hyperventilating. :)

I only bought one extra round of ammo (because I took the other girls who had dropped out due to injury, one got a bee sting under her visor, the other broke her ankle running through the trenches)
    it cost 140 for the four of us + 11x20 for the rest of the bookings.
    I don't understand how the insurance thing works out, signing a disclaimer and paying for insurance seems to be a bit of a paradox.
    When my sister broke her leg, she was given a luke warm ice bag and that was it. There was no medical attention. There were a few doctors from some hospital somewhere who asked if everything was alright and the marshalls just said yea and went back to the game after giving her the ice bag. We carried my sister out after the game had been completed, there was no assistance offered.
    I just feel sh!tty that after forking over the guts of 400 euro, she recieved no medical attention, has no comeback (insurance wise) even after forking out insurance, and as she drives for a living she will be out of work for sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭xzodia

as far as i know those disclaimers are worth nothing in ireland but i would check it out with somebody who knows the law better

Doesn't surprise me, didn't have the greatest of experiences with that shyster either. If you ever do decide to go again, go to predator paintball in Tralee or Escarmouche in Belfast. Both are absolutely top class parks and amongst the oldest in Ireland (in fact afaik, predator is the oldest). Much better run than combat zone.

BTW, your sister has a comeback, the disclaimer is of very limited (if any) use in court. Especially given that the park were totally irresponsible in their handling of the situation. She has a very good case for her claim.

thanks for the info sleepy, as far as I know she hasn't done anything yet, because I think she feels there is little she cand do. Will get on to her to seek advice.

btw..hasn't put me off doing it again (just not in limerick) :)

Tell her to contact www.flac.ie. They're a charity that provide free legal advice and could advise your sister as to whether her case is worth taking up with legal representation. An ex of mine works there and from what she tells me, they're very good.

Advertisement