Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Architecture?????

Options
  • 12-06-2004 9:44pm

HI
    Quik question, is any one else doing architecture session 1?, i feel so alone!!!

STUOHY

ps, if you got your 1st preference you were really lucky, architecture was my 3rd!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Tbh Architecture in CTYI is a very very fun course.

you do a lot of drawing, design etc. though you dont have richard. richard was the ****ing man.

Only problem is theres a bit of a pattern that 50-70% of the class are idiots. but you get over that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

If its your first session, or even your second, you're not very likely to get your first choice anyway...especially considering you picked a popular course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭gigglingrat

Yeah, so every year I put my first choice last and every year I've got it! (out of a whole two...but still)

Reversve phycologise em!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

Originally posted by edibility
    If its your first session, or even your second, you're not very likely to get your first choice anyway...especially considering you picked a popular course.

First choice last year(psychology) and this year(legal studies). I think it's 'cause my dad knew Sheila through work beforehand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I got it all 3 years...then again, it was Comp App, Russian, and Japanese, not big courses afaik

{Edit: Dammit man, wake up! 4 years, 4 YEARS!!! got Discrete Maths in my 2nd year, also first}

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

i managed to get 1st choice and Residential preference 5 years in a row...hmm.
    i opted for in-demand classes too.
    bizzare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I guess they just let the cool people in, right alim?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

Ok, now that you've all completely contradicted and made a sham of what i said :P ..... I've gotten my first choice all the years that I've gone aswell >) but seriously though, you did pick an indemand course, and its first come first served *shrugs* if you're really unhappy with it they always let you change in your first day or so np.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭J Campion

Originally posted by Raphael
    I guess they just let the cool people in, right alim?

ccchhhhheeehhh, yeah sure!!!!! :D Actually, they've given me my first preferences too, so yeah, I guess you're right!!! By the way: ISN'T ANYONE DOING INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS, SESSION 2, THIS YEAR???!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

the cool people?!?!?!?!
    what summer programme do YOU go to?
    we all odd, man, and that's why it was so exckiting.
    well i guess you mean our kind of cool which = people who don't have their heads shoved up their own asses and aren't a carbon copy of unoriginality.

and i got my first choice both times i went. i assumed that was cause i was all different and frog-like in the pond-hopping-ness (in other words- not from ireland). but NOW they tell me i'm not special. HMPH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Fine! I'm doind IR in S2! Now shut up!

Originally posted by It wasn't me!
    Oh that makes me feel a whole lot better, I'm sorry I even asked, now! Only joking (PS I'm not as annoying in real life as here, at least I don't think I am!!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

Originally posted by It wasn't me!

damn. me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Peterfing

I'm not as annoying in real life as here

Don't listen to him. He's JUST as annoying in real life.
    hehe, sorry John

Don't listen to him. He's JUST as annoying in real life.
    Peter, just don't forget I know (vaguely) where you live!!!
    damn. me too.
    Oh great, why do I have to get stuck with all the nutcases???!!!!! (Only jokin)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭gigglingrat

We're all mad here. *does spooky wide eyed thing*

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Originally posted by mentalimplosion
    damn. me too.

Hey it's not like I tried! IR was my last choice!

Advertisement