Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2..not so private

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by D-Generate
    IFSA are asking major financial companies to record all telephone conversations but thats a totally unrelated thing really.

Yip. I work in the IT department of a real estate bank in the IFSC and we record everyones phone conversations onto a dictaphone server. Not sure how much space this eats per day, must find out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

I can understand a sales/customer service centre recording calls but the mass recording of all mobile calls is a different matter. The recording of calls between a customer/supplier is acceptable (once you are informed) as all you are discussing is your business with that firm and it can help protect both the supplier and the customer in case of disputes.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by eth0_
    Yip. I work in the IT department of a real estate bank in the IFSC and we record everyones phone conversations onto a dictaphone server. Not sure how much space this eats per day, must find out.
    Not very much I'd say, although it obviously depends on how busy you are. Phones work at 9600Hz iirc. Add some mp3 compression in there, and you'd easily be talking about 1MB per 10 minute call. You'd get a months worth of calls on a small tape, if you took 1000 calls a day. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

well don't forget about our friends in Tel-Aviv!

Advertisement