Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on new site...

Options
  • 13-06-2004 12:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Hi, just put up http://www.babysitters.ie

Its about 75% completed functionality wise (the parent section is coming soon), but inital thoughts on the layout, ease of use etc would be much appreciated!

H

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Yes tis a good idea, make sure you have a good Privacy policy, the design looks good, I would lose the red "Click here for more info" on the home page, change it to different color.

Also " Our full range of services for parents will be launching in early September 2004"

Why so late?

Thanks JoePC

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Fergal C

I like the design, it looks professional yet it is clear and crisp. Personally I always like blue and orange on websites as well.

Not sure if people will feel comfortable with finding a babysitter over the net. But then again people do use classifieds in their local papers. It is something I would give careful consideration to prior to launching the site.

The "Report a Babysitter" email link on your contact page gives me the shivers.

Obviously protecting children is key but I would also be looking at guidelines and policies to protect babysiters.

Good luck with it.

Fergal

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

The only criticism I have is that the small text in the logo is almost illegible.
    The layout etc., looks well and worked fine in Mozilla on Suse 9.0

• Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I couldn't see anyone I know hiring a babysitter off the net. Seems a little dodgy to me...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Bubbles will sign up, go baby sit the kids. Once they fall asleep create a new account on boards and get up to his usual antics:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 novahugh

Originally posted by Sleepy
    I couldn't see anyone I know hiring a babysitter off the net. Seems a little dodgy to me...

You dont really just hire or book them off the net. Its up to parents to check up on prospective sitters, check on their references etc. They will be advised to meet the babysitter beforehand and even perhaps get them to meet the children beforehand to make sure they'll get along ok etc.

Its much used, successful business model in other countries.

Thanks for all your comments!

H

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭boogie man

I reckon your images would be better off as JPEG's rather than GIF's - this should reduce the file size and make the images less blotchy looking.

BM.

Advertisement