Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pixies at the Phoenix Park

Options
  • 13-06-2004 12:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭

Well?? Were they not completely amazing??
    My voice is gone, my legs are crippled and I'm very nicely burnt to a crisp but that had to be one of the greatest gigs ever played in this country!
    And they totally upstaged the chillis by like a 1000 times!
    I had the best gig of my life, i got in the pit and went absolutely beserk along with everyone else in there. They still got the goods man,they still got the goods!

Chillis were also really good, but i was just so knackered out by thats stage!
    anyone elses thoughts or suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

Wasn’t there personally due to my morbid fear of crowds (for which im cursing myself) but a fiend of mine has been taking great pleasure in rubbing my face in how good they where. Though he did say the Chillis arived late and there set seemed a bit short, any truth to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

the outer PA blew during the pixies last song, which no doubt led to any delay in the chilis getting on. there was some fierce loud noises while they tried to fix it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭butterfly

full of hate, rage and regret.

wasn't there. gonna have to resign myself to a life of stalking francis black now.. sniff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭nonemoreblack

One of the best gigs, I'm still singing along to here come's your man, tame and hey.

Yeah i was standing right next to the outer PA when they were sending extremely LOUD white noise through it in an effort to fix it.

The RHCP's seemed a bit tame, but I was further back by that time, then left early.

Kim Deal is cool but somehow Joey Santiago has gone from beeing the least cool to the coolest in the band. Strange.

I dont want to rub it in but i went on the spur of the moment and got a ticket outside for E30, and probably could have got one for less!!

Ah happy days...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

pretty damn good the pixies were amazing amzing set lit and dispite them all being bald bar kim deal they were still cool as f*ck. the pheonix park is a crap venue for a gig though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

Pixies were bloody great! in fact so good that as soon as they finished i just when to town to have a pint and remember the music, never really had any intention of staying for the RHCP at all and i don't think i made the wrong choice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Jack Frost

To be honest i thought the Chili Peppers were pretty crummy. Anthony seemed bored, Flea's Bass was WAY too deep and loud (i was in the first pit and it hurt me, literally hurt me) and Chad was a prat, as usual. John was so great though, the way he smiles so widely when people cheer for him, you can tell that he still gets a big kick out of playing and man he's a great guitarist!

Anyone else notice Anthony's hair?!!? What the hell happened, he looks like a girl (no offence to the femail race, just he's a guy)!

Pixies were just....wow...my god they are an amazingly good band, just so so so brilliant!! Kim Deal didn't do her head movements when playing though! the way she used to close her eyes and slowly roll her head from side to side, that was cool. Bono and The Edge were off the wings of the stage too when the Pixies were on, Bono was inches away from breaking out to a full blown dance.

It's the little things that make a good gig isn't it?

- Jack Frost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

personally very happy i did'nt go...

just hearing the stories makes me ill...

favourite band... in phoenix park.... supporting chilis...... bono at the sid eof the stage..

rather not see them...
    i have too high expectations..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭snowy (REAL)

i think Flea's bass was cool. was deadly
    the way you could feel it in your body
    Jack whats wrong with guy's with long hair open up man!
    but the pixies were amazing!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Jack Frost

Ha ha ha ha ha, i'm so so sorry "SNOWY"!!!!
    i'll try be more open minded in the future - for you!

i like the whole once you're good at lying you've mastered evrything else, VERY VERY original!!

- jack frost

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭spiderlegs

Oh GOD OH GOD OH GOD!!!!
    THe Pixies were the besy gig Ive ever seen in my life.
    And when I was in the pit the whole crowd was electric its obvious everyone in the pit just went for the pixies.The pixies blew me away Kim was so cool calm and collected and I think we had a little moment of eye contact stuff goin on(probably coz ima girl who was screeching"I love youi kim")
    And when Frank opened the gig with broken face and did his little ooh noises I almost cried I was so happy.
    I love the pixies!
    And to the guy I was standin beside and txtd into phantom about me
    I am THE BLONDE PIT GIRL!!!(Hello to you);) ;);););)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

yaaaaaaaay!!! found you at last! (thought you might reply to this thread :D )
    And yes she totally looked at you. (which was why I tried to steal your thunder by jumping up and down so they'd look at me. how cool :rolleyes: ) Anyway, was totally worth the 60 yoyos...godspeed them back here!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Pixies were truely fantabulous. But man I've never been so banjaxed after anything in my life! Crush, pain, ouch, get off me, stop pushing ye gits, gimme more water, I'm dyin here. Well that's old age for ye ! ;)

Oh good golly miss molly!
    Of all that is good and holy!
    How are ya?
    Jesus the pixies were brilliant.
    I just have to make sure your MY pit guy. AT any one stage were you standing beside a girl and you fixed the straps on her bag? I f you answer correctly I ll know its you
    Where did you go after the pixies?
    Are you goin to metallica?
    Write back to this post please!!!!!
    :p

Oh good golly miss molly!
    Of all that is good and holy!
    How are ya?
    Jesus the pixies were brilliant.
    I just have to make sure your MY pit guy. AT any one stage were you standing beside a girl and you fixed the straps on her bag? I f you answer correctly I ll know its you
    Where did you go after the pixies?
    Are you goin to metallica?
    Write back to this post please!!!!!
    :p

It is indeed!
    I fixed both straps and she had long blonde hair :) She had to leave early cuz she was getting dehydrated.
    Im recovered quite well thank you, and hows about yourself?
    After the pixies we went and bought several bottles of over-priced water and an ice cream and just crashed. I was too knackered for the chillis so i gave my pass away...
    Did you stick around?
    Can't say ill be going to Metallica, but enjoy the gig. should be a good one!

Hey!
    Been trying to meet you...

Yay! I knew it was you I kinda remember the girl walkin off makin signals of "I need a drink"' And some girl beside ya was being real concerned and nice towards her and i was like "damn hes gotta girlfriend"
    yeah i stayed in the pit the chillies were good.but not as good as the pixies!!!
    So do ya wanna meet up sometime or what?
    It would certainly be interesting to see ya again it would be a real reminder of the pixies(best gig in the entire history of the world) If ya think im being too forward and scary its cool.Im not a scary person in real life (honest)
    Ps Im grand after the pixies my voice was hoarse afterwards and I couldnt move my neck, nothing too bad!

hey sent you a private msg.
    its up the top in the user cp bit.
    :P

Advertisement