Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bad Blood

• 13-06-2004 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

I'm really looking forward to this. Should be a good show. The card looks good with the obvious highlight being the Hell in the Cell match with Triple H and Shawn Michaels.

Kane v Benoit should be good too and I'm looking forward to Jericho v Tyson Tomko or whatever the hell he's called. Orton v Benjamin should be good too. Wouldn't be surprised to see the title change hands there although Batista and Flair will prob interfere so who knows.

Opinions on it?

Full card is:

Hell in a Cell Match
    Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels

World Title Match
    Chris Benoit vs. Kane

WWE Intercontinental Title Match
    Randy Orton vs. Shelton Benjamin

World Tag Team Titles Match
    La Resistance vs. Chris Benoit & Edge

WWE Women's Title Match
    Victoria vs. Gail Kim vs. Trish Stratus vs. Lita

Chris Jericho vs. Tyson Tomko

Eugene vs. Jonathan Coachman

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Lordz

this looks awesome.I will be staying up for it cos im on my summer hols now.Me and my friend will be watching.I think Edge could turn heel on benoit and screw him,and HBK win to set up HBK vs Kane.I expect a huge spotfest from the HIAC.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

Well now that you mention it,
    Rumour has it that Edge vs Benoit is going to happen at Summerslam and there was a bit of tension between them at this weeks RAW so maybe it will happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

well at least its better that last years dismal effort, but do they really need

COACMAN V EUGENE

I like Eugene but is he really PAY-PER-VIEW Material

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

IMO, thr HIAC will be one for the ages, and its great as for once in wwe, there is no obvious winner. My money is on HBK taking a massive bump, with HHH to go onto win.

I reckon Shelton could get a win over Randy.

Benoit will beat Kane, after losing the tag match earlier, setting Edge up for a heel turn.

I predict Benoit to retain because of outside interference from Edge with Kane cleaning house setting him up for a rivalry with the winner of HBK/Triple H over who should be the #1 contender

• Advertisement

For those of you who intend on watching Bad Blood in the next few days, DO NOT READ

Great PPV, Shelton Vs Randy in any other PPV would have stolen the show. Great match, with a somewhat crappy finish. Best part was while Randy was cutting the promo about being so great, and slipping on the ropes, and struggling to hold his smile. Fantastic macth, some great sequences. Glad Randy won, as the IC title needs to regain credibility. That said, Shelton wll win it soon, and add more cred to it.

Benoit - Kane. As above, in any other PPV would have been a great main event. Both worked their socks off, and gave neither a bad look. It even left it wide open for a 'sequel' - Kane never tapped (apart from ToD last month!)

Oh MY GOD - HIAC.

Was this the greatest match ever? Certainly the best HIAC. 47m26s according to Ross. Impossible to call throughout. What a match. Best of the year most certainly. 10/10

Apart from that, Eugene was great, we had a good laugh at his Austin/Rock/Junkyard Dog antics.

La Resistance. I think they are great. Give them both singles pushes, Grenier esp will be a great heel.

Womens match................meh. They are all hot ;)

Overall for bad blood 8/10. I wont be taping over that, and will be buying the dvd.

Thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

My take on BB.
    Hmm, I though it was a pretty average PPV, The Orton Bengiman match was good but not great. HITC was very long but also very slow. Eugene was funny and very over with the crowd.

No suprises, no upsets, no twists.

5/10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

in my opinion. to much hell not enough cell. This match would have been as good if not better if the cell wasent there. They didnt use cell much at all. The main spot didnt even envolve the cell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

I thought overall it was a very poor ppv, i duno what people were watching myself cuz it wasn't the same show I was watching. The Hell In The Cell was good but noting great if u ask me. I dont understand why they were lying about for minutes on end like they were dying or something, stupid, at the end when michaels got up it didn't even look like he was tired. No blood spill is ever going to be as good as eddie's one at the last ppv. He was able to walk out, why wasn't triple h.

Randy Orton is a terrible wrestler and the match was good but the finish was a lame duck. Shelton has no mike skills.

Benoit Kane match was terrible. Its too hard make a big stiff bastard look good, there's no way Kane was getting the belt anyways cuz he's not over.

Eugene is a waste of time, I turned to sky movies during his match.

The womens match was okay, not as bad as some of time, lita always ruins them though because she does everything in slow mo. Shes totally useless.

5/10

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

i liked the ppv but the HIAC was so dissapointing, they practically ignored the cell altogether and yes it was far too long and far too slow paced.

• Advertisement

What does it take for some people to actually enjoy a ppv???

People were bitching about Judgement Day, now Eddies juice is the greatest thing ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I thought it was a good PPV. Not the best, but well worth watching. It left me pleased.

While watching the HIAC match, it was pointed out to me that it could be billed as a lot more barbaric if the cell wasn't actually there. Think about it, the two guys are trapped in there with whatever they have. If it wasn't there, surely they could inflict a lot more damage on each other in other places. Just seems a bit illogical the way they hype it up. Decent match, not their best, I'm getting a bit fed up with HHH and HBK. They always talk about their rivalries in interviews as if it's the one thing that makes fans wet themselves. Personally, I'd much prefer a big feud like that between two guys like Benoit and Jericho.

Rest of the PPV was good, nothing too much to talk about. Eugene was a good laugh, Benjamin and Orton did alright, women's match was let down by Lita's awkwardness, title match was a nice one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

I sat down last night to watch it. Was enjoyin it and it got to the cell match. HBK and HHH starin at each other,and as they run towards each other....my video stopped.Turns out i recorded it on slow play(with heat) so it just ended and i dont know,and dont wnna know what happened. Typical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 yami308

I thought it was pretty decent (7/10), but was totally disappointed with HIAC. Glad that ladder was under the ring :confused: otherwise neither one would have left their feet. HHH vs.Foley & Foley vs. 'Taker were so much better, but when both guys are pushing/past 40 what more could you expect? Orton vs. Shelton: good match, but I would have liked to see them push Shelton a little more. He's over, so give him the IC belt already. And keep Coach off ppv's, he's not entertaining even as an announcer.

What ever happened to the old fashioned climbing to the top of the cell?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Originally posted by NightStrike
    What ever happened to the old fashioned climbing to the top of the cell?!
    Vinny Mac doesnt want his stars leaving their feet all the time! Thats why the cruiser weight division is gone to sh1t. Wasnt the cruiseer weight devision origionally high flying. Not short technical wrestlers :mad: Give us a little high flying at least for FUK sake...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

Overall i liked bad blood, i thought the hiac match was very good, not the best hiac but still a really good match.

thought orton/benjamin was very good too, woulda liked to have seen orton drop the belt, but i hope they'll drag the fued out longer and give it to him at a later date.

i enjoyed the eugene match, it was pretty funny and they didn't drag it out, i'd really like to see eugene use more varied moves, if he's a technically sound as everyone says he is it'd be good to see some more.

kane vs benoit was decent, considering that it was a huge power move based guy against a short technical wrestler.

i thought the tag match was alright, nothing special

didn't watch the womens match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭savemejebus

I thought the HIAC match itself was quite slow, reminded me of the very first one. Was impressed with the storyline going through it, (at least i hope it was a storyline) when i noticed Michaels start to grimace and limp it reminded me so much of the wrestlemania match with austin where you could see how much pain he was in that i just thought oh $hit, he's really done it this time. but then just to see them develop that was great.

always knew HHH would win though, seemed a foregone conclusion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 yami308

Originally posted by Hanza
    Wasnt the cruiseer weight devision origionally high flying. Not short technical wrestlers :mad: Give us a little high flying at least for FUK sake...

Or at least, bring back midgets! I miss the Haiti Kid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

Originally posted by gimmick
    What does it take for some people to actually enjoy a ppv???

People were bitching about Judgement Day, now Eddies juice is the greatest thing ever.

Eddies juice I think for me personally was the greatest blade job I've ever saw, i never saw anyone loose so much blood as that, reminded me a bit of austin hart as wrestlemania where austin was in the sharpshooter.

I thought the match as a whole was better than expected at Judgement Day but come on the hell in a cell was very poor indeed, and for anyone who read the raw reports, that show is completely missable too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

Ah come on in my opinion that was one of the best hell in a cells ever. I watched it with a couple of buddies and throughout the whole match we were on the edge of our seats with no idea of what was about to happen and who would win. Any time theres been a hell in a cell it was always obvious,with the exception of the Armageddon HIAC,who was gonna win!! I had high expectations of this match and they were matched! So what if nobody fell off the cell or whatever,people would no doubt be givin out that its been done before if they did! Brock and taker showed in their HIAC match that you dont need a big bump,granted taker did one of the best juices ever in it, for a HIAC to be good!

Advertisement