Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Points Predictions

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Envy

English -- A1
    Maths -- A1
    Irish -- A1
    Biology -- A1
    French -- A1
    German -- A1
    Russian -- A1
    Latin -- A1
    Spanish -- A1
    Physics -- A1
    Chemistry -- A1
    Geography -- A1
    History -- A2 (Damn that subject!)

Of course they're all higher level. What do you take me for?

Or, if I'm being serious, around 460 -- 480.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Please be serious. Overachievers will be shot and buried and hanged. In that order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Sarunas

Originally posted by Envy

What do you take me for?

What should i take you for?
    A genius who studies all of the science subjects (phy, bio, che), knows 7 languages(eng, ir, fr, ger, rus, latin, spanish), studies 2 social science subjects(geo and his). A rare person, who has huge intellectual ability, and only occours once in around 300 years(?). Someone like: Bach, Plato, Socrates, Archimedes, Einstein, Newton, Turing, Joyce, Faraday, da Vinci, Neumann, Ritchie, Kernighan, Thomson, Joy, Mozart, Picaso, Gauss, Nash, Boole, Asimitov, Dick, Huxley, Clarke, Shakespeare...[not in any order]

Or someone who pretends to be a genius online bbs, and just wants to mess and fool around.

I would take you for the second one, i might be wrong. You havent showed anything that might put you in the first catogory.

Someone like: Bach, Plato, Socrates, Archimedes, Einstein, Newton, Turing, Joyce, Faraday, da Vinci, Neumann, Ritchie, Kernighan, Thomson, Joy, Mozart, Picaso, Gauss, Nash, Boole, Asimitov, Dick, Huxley, Clarke, Shakespeare...[not in any order]

Oh, how you insult me by comparing me to these -- these -- lesser beings!
    Or someone who pretends to be a genius online bbs, and just wants to mess and fool around.

Yes, that'd be about right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Sarunas

Originally posted by Envy
    Oh, how you insult me by comparing me to these -- these -- lesser beings!

I dont want to start a flame. And waste my time on idiots and trolls.

I think the IQ of yours, 170, should be -170.

Got any idea who were/are these people?

This is becoming OT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Cathy

Don't take it so seriously, Sarunas - he's only messing, as far as I can see...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

Originally posted by Cathy
    Don't take it so seriously, Sarunas - he's only messing, as far as I can see...

Aren't trolls such fun?

I'm joking -- quite clearly joking.

For the love of God, relax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Corona

We're doing the leaving...emotions are running high. Things are blown out of proportion. I find myself snapping at my family mainly for tiny little things. Oh the stress.

And there ends my psychoanalysis.

Today I was convinced my cat was laughing at me. She just had such a smug look on her face, and kept looking meaningfully at my notes and then back at me checking my emails. :dunno:

• Advertisement

Today I was convinced my cat was laughing at me. She just had such a smug look on her face, and kept looking meaningfully at my notes and then back at me checking my emails. :dunno:

See, now you've reached stage 2 of human emotions experienced during the leaving cert. You're now onto the second level - hallucination/paranoia.
    She probably did have a smug look though. All cats do. "I have a tail and you don't" kinda look.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Your cat is always laughing at you. You feed them, let them out when they ask, clean up their ****, get nothing in return, and still continue to do all those things.

If I was a cat I'd be laughing at my owners too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

No stress here, just acute fatigue. I get awful sleep problems when I have a few weeks off school and ****. Cant get to sleep until the very early hours of the morning, usually just before Ryan Tubridy starts :/. That's been happening a bit lately, but nowhere near the hours I'll be experiencing during the Summer.

My day entails: (all of last week and up until Monday I've had 2 exams. Today I was in until 1, and for the remainder of the week I'm in 2-5).

Wake about 8.30, quick munch - weight about 10 grammes, in school by 9.15.

Exam from 9.30 -> 12.00 or so (I've been in until the end of all the exams, and plan to in the remainder).
    Lunch consisting of a roll until ~1.
    Back in school for 1.30.
    Exam until 4 or 5.
    Quick munch and a sit down in the sun.
    Back in supervised study at 6. Stay there (with a 2 breaks totalling 40mins) until 10pm.
    Walk home, have a long chat, home by 11.
    Random food inserted.
    Arse about on PC, post here until ~12 or half past.
    Munch.
    Bed consisting of about 3 hours TV, music. Sleep by 4.

And the cycle has and will continue, though I have a few half days this week, and supervised study ends tomorrow.

Pints tomorrow night, followed by early morning study for Tech Dr..
    Only Biology, Tech Dr. P1 and P2 remaining this week.
    Then pints on Friday or Saturday, and study for Construction on Wednesday.

Then, finally,.... I'm free. Major, Absolut pissup.

Originally posted by seamus
    Your cat is always laughing at you. You feed them, let them out when they ask, clean up their ****, get nothing in return, and still continue to do all those things.

If I was a cat I'd be laughing at my owners too ;)

She's so cute though. I'll forgive her. Lucy_34edit.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

That's why I hate cats, cheeky little beasts, grrr...

Cute??? She looks like she is possessed!

Odd that you should say that... her name is Lucifer! (Lucy for short, it was just to piss off the parents, really)

Maybe she's a human or demon thing, you know like in Harry Potter prisoner of Azkaban, the mouse was really a human!

Hmm. I hadn't thought of that. I'll ask her.

Originally posted by Demeant0r
    Maybe she's a human or demon thing, you know like in Harry Potter prisoner of Azkaban, the mouse was really a human!

Maybe so, or perhaps she is a reincarnation of the person you are studying in your notes (ie: Bismarck) and is looking so smug because you're struggling to remember everything about him and she knows it all.

How did a threat about points predictions descend into this ...

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Corona
    Maybe so, or perhaps she is a reincarnation of the person you are studying in your notes (ie: Bismarck) and is looking so smug because you're struggling to remember everything about him and she knows it all.

How did a threat about points predictions descend into this ...

Magic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

**Wonders if he should start a " The leaving cert: stress of that!" topic**

Revising my earlier estimate, and adding some detail:

Maths: A1 guaranteed.
    English: B1- B3 (i felt i did the best paper i ever wrote)
    Irish: Twas only pass irish, not using for points
    Geography: The easiest paper i ever saw... but i was extremely sick taking the feckin paper, so i'm pretty sure i did ****e :( C3-B3
    Tech Graphics: I'd expect a B1+
    German: B3+
    Physics: C1+
    Music: B2+
    Applied Maths: B2+, could even get teh A1 (who knows...)

Revised estimate: 495 points. Exactly what i got in the mock, so looks like i havn;t improved at all since then :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

Originally posted by conZ
    Wake about 8.30, quick munch - weight about 10 grammes, in school by 9.15.

You... weigh your food?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

We're doing the leaving...emotions are running high. Things are blown out of proportion. I find myself snapping at my family mainly for tiny little things. Oh the stress.
    I only snap at them cause they ask me stupid things like:
    "How did it go?" or "What's on tomorrow?"
    I'll give a points run down when I've done all the exams.

Originally posted by Demeant0r
    Maths - A1/A2 - Ord - 60/50
    Irish - C3 - Ord - 20
    English - B3 - Ord - 35
    French - Hopefully C2/C1 - Higher - 65/70
    Business - Hopefully C3 - Higher - 60
    Biology - Hopefully C3 - Higher - 60
    Technical Graphics - Hopefully C3/C2 - Higher - 60/65

Overall Hopefully around 340. Need around 325.
    Make that Biology - Hopefully D3 - Higher - 45
    and Business - Hopefully C1 - Higher - 70

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

what really annoys me is when my mam goes "do you think you failed?". That pisses me off so much, then i snap back usually, and then she goes "do you think you passed then?".

At that stage i feel ike grabbing her and shouting "OF COURSE I FECKIN PASSED YOU STUPID WOMEN! I'M AIMING AT 500 POINTS, I'M NOT STUPID!"

And yet, she still pops out the question occasionally "So, do you think you passed maths paper2?"... bwargh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

Originally posted by Mutant_Fruit
    what really annoys me is when my mam goes "do you think you failed?". That pisses me off so much, then i snap back usually, and then she goes "do you think you passed then?".
    And yet, she still pops out the question occasionally "So, do you think you passed maths paper2?"... bwargh!

God I hate that. Parents/family shouldn't be allowed to talk to people who are dping the leaving. In fact, only people who are ding the leaving cert should be talking to people doing the leaving cert. There should be a moratorium on any exam-related communication from "outsiders" 4 before and 2 weeks after the exams.

That damn Peter Pettigrew.

Pfft, I wish my parents would ask me something like that. Our conversations usually go something along the lines of:

"How'd the exam go?"

"Fine."

"D'ya think ya got an A?"

Expectations officially suck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

Originally posted by oeNeo
    You... weigh your food?

No, not intentionally. My ma makes me eat off a weighing scales.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Very low compared to what I was hoping for. My revision extended to the evening before each exam. That's it.

Advertisement