Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Geography Honours

Options
  • 13-06-2004 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

ha ha ha did you get banned for telling every1 about english??

my sources tell me theres a map, photograph, field study and a regional question, is that true?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

Please limestone, please please please please please please

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

What proof have you got of this informed boy?

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

It's genius really, if he gets it right, everyone thanks him; if he gets it wrong, anyone who followed his advice screws themselves over and makes it slightly more likely that he/she will get his/her first place in college.

(if he/she's doing the LC this year)

Originally posted by CuLT
    It's genius really, if he gets it right, everyone thanks him; if he gets it wrong, anyone who followed his advice screws themselves over and makes it slightly more likely that he/she will get his/her first place in college.

(if he/she's doing the LC this year)

Thats a bit complicated, i think he just doing it for ****s and giggles, as the **** he has predicted, naybody could have predicted.

For example, anyone doing geography would cope yhat they need to know glaciation and plate techtonics this year. Hes not informed for pointing that out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

well, the "informedboy" has so far proven himself wrong in every prediction so far, so i think you should take his "advice" with a big bucketfull of salt.

and i do mean EVERY exam so far he was wrong.

So, (in my own words, and possibly in those of people around me) why don't you **** off.

I should also point out that the regional geography predition for this year could be applied to EVERY year, EVER. And the physical prediction is exactly what has been said by every teacher and every person so far... he;s just making it up...

Originally posted by Mutant_Fruit
    well, the "informedboy" has so far proven himself wrong in every prediction so far, so i think you should take his "advice" with a big bucketfull of salt.

and i do mean EVERY exam so far he was wrong.

No he hasnt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Here's hoping he might be right this time, that's the perfect geog exam for me.

No he hasnt.

He's telling us he is informed, i.e. he knows exactly whats coming up.

He was yet to be right by anything other than chance. All he is spouting are predictions, not facts.

His geography "facts" are just regugitated predictions. He s not informed, and as i said earlier, don't take anything he said at face value.

When i said he was wrong about EVERY exam, i am right. There is not 1 exam which he as accurately predicted. Look at what happened with english, some people were screwed over because they believed him, and studied the poets he mentioned that were "definately coming up". Look what happened with Irish. He was half right, that just reinforces the fact he is guessing, not knowing!

He was yet to be right by anything other than chance. All he is spouting are predictions, not facts.

When i said he was wrong about EVERY exam, i am right.

He was half right, that just reinforces the fact he is guessing, not knowing!

Now think about what you just said....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

Because it matters, no really. Stop being pedantic. He was just guessing and got lucky with Irish. He's talking out of his arse, lets leave it at that shall we?

i am thinking about what i said, and what in case you missed my point completly, i'll say it in big letters...

he's not informed, he's guessing. What he is spouting as the gospel truth is in fact a guess

just repeating ymy request...

can i get some quick revision notes on tracing the history of settlement. I;ve lost my notes on the points to look out for.

Basically all i need is a little list like the following

Stone Age/Bronze age: 50000 years ago; fullact fia, burial grounds.

Celts: 500 years ago castles, placenames such as Baile/bally etc.

I know those are wrong, but i need the right ones.

You said he was never right, then went on to say he was right ij some of his irish predictions.

Stone Age/Bronze age: 50000 years ago

jesus someone get him notes quick!!!!!

Pre-christian - fulacht fia, megalithic tombs crannogs

Celtic - rath, dun, fort

Early Christian - kill, round tower

Norman - castles, abbeys

18th/19th centuries - manor houses, demenses

20th century - schools, hospitals, post offices

does 20th centurary really count? Im amazed my teacher never once mentioned 20th centuary as a valid point for tracing the history of settlement. Celtic is 15th-17th centuary etc. As i said already, ilost my sheet of notes on this, i leant it to someone and never got it back.

Also, do you have dates for those time periods you gave me. e.g. pre christian is before 0ad,
    When i said he was wrong about EVERY exam, i am right.
    Yeah, he wasn't 100% right about any exam, that was the point i was trying to geet across. He was pretending to know exactly what was coming up, when in actual fact he was guessing.

Anyway, its not up to me whether you listen to him or not, its just his track record is very very bad. And yes, i do expect him to be partially right again. Everything he said about regional geography and the map work question is a very safe guess, that stuff comes up every year nearly...

Also, do you have dates for those time periods you gave me. e.g. pre christian is before 0ad,

pre-christian - 4000bc to 600bc
    celtic - 6th century bc to 6th century ad
    early christian - 6th to 11th century ad
    viking - 9th and 10th century ad
    norman - 12th and 13th century ad
    plantations - 16th,17th and 18th century ad
    20th century - speaks for its self

thanks.

no problem were all in the same boat!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

lets all club together and slap that informed boy

• Advertisement

HI ALL IM BACK AND IM INFORMED- GEOGRAPHY MONDAY,WELL HERE IT IS- Q1 ORDNANCE SURVEY WILL BE QUESTION ON SETTLEMENT, LAND USE, TRANSPORT,SOCIO-ECONOMIC ACTIVITY,
    Lets see...firstly its obviously about settlement. Landuse: Didn't come up.
    Transport: Didn't come up
    Socio-economic activity: Came up

Q2 PHYSICAL- QUESTIONS ON GLACIATION,SEA AND MASS MOVEMENT,
    Glaciation: came up, just as everyone predicted
    Sea: i didn't sea that come up :p
    Mass movement: the only mass movement i saw was out of the class at 4:50
    Q3 SOCIAL- AERIAL PHOTOGRAPH,MIGRATION,DEVELOPMENT AND POPULATIONS,
    Migration: Where was that in the question?
    Development: I presume he means trace the history of settlement or trace the evolution of the town. Both are different, and need different answers... but i suppose i can give him this one
    Populations: No sign of it
    Q4 ECONOMIC-AGRICULTURE,TOURISM AND FORESTRY,
    Tourism only came up, scoring very badly so far...
    Q5 REGIONAL QUESTION ON A EUROPEAN COUNTRY DIVISION INTO TWO OR MORE REGIONS,QUESTION ON MANUFACTURING INDUSTRY AND A QUESTION ON MEDITERRANEAN/SCANDINAVIA AS A REGION.GOOD LUCK ALL!
    FFS man, its ALWAYS coming up as divide a country into regions, only a total bong would fail to perdict that.
    No manufacturing industry question
    No question on a mediterranean/scandinavian country either

So, out of all his so called "informedness" he has once again wasted 10 minutes of my time as i point out how unbeliveably WRONG this chap is. I think this is undisputable evidance that he his talking through his ass, and should be ignored.

And if i could put forward the motion that he be banned.... again.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

"informedboy" - two things;

1. Here on boards.ie if you lose your password, you get another one, you don't register a new nickname. You weren't bannd from this board, and as far as I can see, you weren't banned from the whole site, so there was no need to even register a new nick.

2. I *will* ban you for abuse of the "report this post" feature. I appreciate you using it, and I do look at almost every post here, but some do slip through the net. However, clicking on random "report" links, telling me the posts are abusive or rude when they're blatantly not will earn you a ban from my board.

Thanks

Private Message me if you don't like what I've just said.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement