Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Course offers

Options
  • 13-06-2004 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭

When are the first round offers offered to students?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

On Monday, August 23rd, the week after the results come out. Applications for viewing scripts have to be back in the next day on Tuesday, August 24th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Usually its a couple of days after the points. So perhpas the 20th or so? My councellor told us about 6 months ago but back then no-one cared!

Just make sure your not on holiday in august!

[EDIT] WHAT! next day application for script viewing! thats ridiculous!

Originally posted by Smellyirishman
    [EDIT] WHAT! next day application for script viewing! thats ridiculous!

Well no - you get your results on the 18th, the Wednesday of the previous week. So I suppose you can apply to view the scripts from that day on (the 18th of August). So you get nearly a full week to apply for a viewing... seems fair enough to me?

Remember, the results are out slightly later than usual this year... I think they're usually around the 15th or something? Only off by a few days anyway.

Ye I guess but if you *think* you have your points and then they go up by say 20 well then its a mad rush!! Ye I know its slightly later, whats the reason do ya know?

It's probably got to do with the standardised school year and just general calendar weirdness (dunno if it being a leap year would affect it?). BUT, the CAO results are out 4 days after the results, which is a bit shorter than usual. So you're not really waiting that much longer overall.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Do you only apply to see your scripts if you want to remarked/see if you were marked fairly?

I mean, I'd be interested in seeing what marks I got for what, even if I got an A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Originally posted by Jesjes
    Do you only apply to see your scripts if you want to remarked/see if you were marked fairly?

I mean, I'd be interested in seeing what marks I got for what, even if I got an A.

You can view your scripts for whatever reason, you don't have to be thinking about remarking - similarly, you can send your script back to be rechecked without having viewed it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Cool, I might look at irish and english. But then, I might be too drunk if I did well...

Hmm. Is anyone elso gonna bother?

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

I'm definitely viewing English, see how my essay did and all that, no matter what grade I get. I'll probably end up viewing most of my scripts, just out of interest, apart from Irish which can bugger off, unless there's a disaster and I get an E1, in which case I'll have to go in there and do some serious bargaining.

I'm going to view all my scripts, just out of curiosity. Shoudl be interesting to see *exactly* what marks I got and to compare with the official marking schemes. Plus there's always the little thing of correctors not being able to add marks up properly... apparently it's not so rare that they don't count up the "mór iomlan" properly, which could either:
    a) bring you down a grade, or
    b) bring you up a grade.
    Apparently the former is far more common...

• Advertisement

A friend of a sister of a friend saw that the examiner had completely skipped two of the pages in her maths script. He had turned two pages at once, cost her about 2 grades until she appealed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

When you ask/apply to get your script sent back to view, every subject script is sent back.

Screw that! If I get my points I couldnt care less, The sooner I can forget about this hellish experience the better! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

When you ask/apply to get your script sent back to view, every subject script is sent back.

I thought there was something that meant only honours scripts got sent back automatically, pass scripts had to be requested individually.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

so i can view my scripts AND send them back and go to college this year? if you get me.

if anyone knows the proper details of all that **** in full, will they post it???
    cos i don't know squat about all that and i've lost my little handbook thingymagummy

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Cathy

What handbook?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

the little blue one that everyone in my year was given and promptly lost
    i thought everyone got it?

I didn't. Although my friend went in after the school officially closed for a couple of extra classes and I think she mentioned getting one. Is it important? Is there anything interesting in it?

You should have gotten your blue handbook ( which you recieve a bit late to be honest!) and also a piece of paper with your pin number on it so you can get your results online

I have the code, so that's okay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

I got my hand-book after the english exam. Its got all the rules and stuff and we get it after we've already done two exams!
    I'd be curious to see how I did in my exams but if I got good results I wouldn't want to bring them to anyones attention incase I fluked something. I might, I'll see...

Has anybody else used their change of mind form a little too much already? I've used it three times, thinking about a 4th either today or tomorrow. Seems a bit excessive though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Envy

Has anybody else used their change of mind form a little too much already? I've used it three times, thinking about a 4th either today or tomorrow. Seems a bit excessive though?

Nah, don't worry about it. That's what it's there for.

Just curious, though... Do they charge anything extra for changing your mind that many times?

Originally posted by Envy
    Just curious, though... Do they charge anything extra for changing your mind that many times?

No; well, I haven't been charged anyway, but I did it online. If you do it online you get instant confirmation and then a hard copy receipt in the post a few days later. don't think many people would be changing their mind as much as I have though. I'd say the fee we paid at the begining of the year would cover it all.

Originally posted by purplepolkadot
    the little blue one that everyone in my year was given and promptly lost
    i thought everyone got it?

I was walking in the front door for my exam the other day and I saw a little pile of them on a desk, so I took one... more than halfway through the exams. :rolleyes:

Doing the CAO thang online is so handy and straightforward. It drove me crazy the way half my friends refused to even consider not doing it by post, when it's about 20 times more awkard and unreliable. "Sure ye never know what can happen on the internet". So Irish...

Advertisement