Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your best ever Champo XI

Options
  • 13-06-2004 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭

i wanna see what people think are their best team(s) ever across all the Championship Manager series is. I think it will be quite interesting...

GK.Kahn (03-04)
    RB.Nicola Antonini(01-02)
    LB.Gareth Whalley(CM3)
    CB.Lucio (03-04)
    CB.Nesta (03-04)
    MR.Carlos Daniel Hidalgo (03-04)
    ML.Lionel Morgan/Gamst Pedersen (03-04)
    MC.Diego (03-04)
    MC.Effenberg (97-98)
    FC.Bakayoko (97-98)
    FC.Henry (03-04)

Ok that was actually quite difficult to make a team from memory and some of the game versions are estimates of what i think it was.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Ok, here goes:

Gk: Buffon (00/01)
    DR: Thruam (00/01)
    DL: Felipe (99/00) Vasco Da Gama player I think
    DC: Nadal (97/98)
    DC: Nesta (00/01)
    MR: Figo (97/98)
    ML: Van Der Vaart (03/04) TBH I can't think of who my left wingers were in the past.
    MC: Guardiola (97/98)
    MC: Rivaldo (00/01 or 01/02 can't remember)
    FC: Saviola (02/03)
    FC: Nuno Gomes (97/98)

This is really hard, considering I've been playing since CM2 (97/98) all the way through to now (excluding CM3). I had a fantastic team in 97/98, but I can't remember half of them.
    Also, a lot of the 00/01's could have been 99/00 or 01/02 aswell.

There's a load of players I've left out
    Sonny Anderson
    Giovanni
    Kluivert
    Riquelme
    Backircioglu
    Kallstrom
    Farnerud
    Ariel Franco
    Chrsitian Ledesma (sp)
    Landreau (sp)
    Frey
    Vieria
    Raul
    Ronaldo
    Roberto Carlos
    Paulo Sousa (sp)
    Simao Sarbrosa (sp)
    Fernando Couto
    Manuel Canabal
    Zola Moukoko
    Amor
    Cannavaro
    etc. etc. etc.

I've always managed Barcelona, but I managed Liverpool in 99/00 and 00/01 aswell. All of the players in the top 11 are from my Barcelona teams. I also managed Portugal in 97/98 so I had a real thing for Portugese players, and my Barcelona team had a load of them.
    There was one player I found, I think he replaced a player when one retired, I can't remember his name now but he was fantastic. I never found him in another game. I remeber I got him on a free and and he was a DMC, I trained him to be a DC too, and by the age of 19 he was captain of Portugal and one of my most valuable players.

Advertisement