Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free broadband for summer?

• 13-06-2004 5:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭

Hi,

with all these free broadband offers going atm i'm wondering if i might be able to take advantage of one. I'm after renting a house for the summer with a few friends in limerick. It's a student house without a telephone line (we just use mobiles). Is there any way to take advantage of these broadband offers (even at a small cost for the telephone line rental etc). Do i have to sign up for a years telephone contract just to get the broadband installed etc and will the cost of installation outweigh the benefit of getting the free offer?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭J-537

Well I have NTL BB and it has nothing to do with my telephone system, so if ya have an NTL/Cablelink box near a window, your laugh'in.

Thats all ya need, just ring NTL and they'll set it up for ya - I have the BB and the digital tv and it only costs €12.50 per week ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

He's in Limerick. NTL's broadband is only available in a small part of Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭J-537

Oh sorry thought is was available there..........!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭qBot

Originally posted by J-537
    Well I have NTL BB and it has nothing to do with my telephone system, so if ya have an NTL/Cablelink box near a window, your laugh'in.

Thats all ya need, just ring NTL and they'll set it up for ya - I have the BB and the digital tv and it only costs €12.50 per week ;)

Ya, that would be nice alright.. but as the man sais, i'm in limerick.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Eircom phone rental is far from cheap and as far as I know you are tied in for a year,
    I could be wrong on this though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

Contact MidWestWan. If you're in the holes that are most of Castletroy and Annacotty you may not be able to connect to them though.

Advertisement