Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Switzerland v Croatia

• 13-06-2004 5:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

anyone know the current score? anyone able to watch the game seeing as Network2 opted to show Formula 1 instead?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

0-0 30 mins gone

Its on tv3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭naitkris

Originally posted by bizmark
    0-0 30 mins gone

Its on tv3

cool, don't have TV3 though :(

just RTE1, NET2 and TG4 where i am

In between brakes of World war 2 the compleat history ill check on the match and keep you updated

im such a nice guy

half time

0-0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭naitkris

Originally posted by bizmark
    In between brakes of World war 2 the compleat history ill check on the match and keep you updated

im such a nice guy

cheers for that, but it's ok. don't know much about either team and don't support either team hugely either. final score will do for me.

• Advertisement

will do

still 0-0 btw

0-0

full time

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

zzzzzzzzzz

Both sides were very poor, ditto the ref. Extra marks to Chapuisat, Hakin Yakin and the rubbish Swiss left back for their theatrics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Boy I'm glad I only saw the last 20 mins!

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Stiel stopping the ball on the line with his head was the highlight .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Bad game nothing of note happened ,some strange yellow cards and some lack of cards for worse fouls.

zzzzzzzzzz

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

Im glad I had a newspaper to read during the match, because it was boooooooooorring z.z.z.z.z.z.z..z.z

One question I did ask myself, how did we not trash Switzerland 5 nil ? and How did they actually manage to score against us ??

(intresting fact about the standard of play, highest goal score record is 5 goals from a croatian player, how crap is that :D)

The best part of the match was when the keeper stopped the ball with his head.

I wonder what Kerr thought of that rubbish, probably more bewlidered than before... maybe they were missing their best players :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Harry2001

Dire stuff!!!

France and England won't be too worried by anything on show today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Originally posted by thejollyrodger

(intresting fact about the standard of play, highest goal score record is 5 goals from a croatian player, how crap is that :D)

The best part of the match was when the keeper stopped the ball with his head.

I wonder what Kerr thought of that rubbish, probably more bewlidered than before... maybe they were missing their best players :confused:

6 goals and and thats not they're highest goal record its the highest any player in the squad has , ollic and Niko Kovac have 6 , oh and Switzerland are missing streller with a broken leg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

In fairness to our old friends Switzerland I feel it was Croatia who were most to blame for that bad game.

Late on at 10v11 (and despite Frei being the only advanced player for the Swiss) Croatia showed a distinct lack of ambition adn seemed quite content to anchor their back 4 to the 30 yard line whilst leaving the other 6 players (almost as a totally seperate team) up the other end of the pitch. It was no coincidence that the Swiss were getting lots of breaks and free kicks at around the 40 yard line as it seemed the Croats deliberatly wanted to keep a 25 yard wide gap between the back and midfield 4's at all times. Bizarre tactics IMHO.

As for that guy Mornar, don't get me started! What was he even doing on the pitch? He couldn't cross, couldn't dribble, couldn't hold possession, couldn't even get them a penalty ... which I presume was the only thing on his mind when he stepped out on the pitch today judging by his performance.

All in all, Croatia didn't have a clue out there today and I could definetly see them coming an easy 4th in that group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Originally posted by Harry2001
    Dire stuff!!!

France and England won't be too worried by anything on show today

Definitely. Both teams were dull as dishwater, I got the whole Sunday Tribune read during the match...

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

Sounds bad from what ive read hear. I thought Croatia would of won.

Advertisement