Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fruity Loops Tutorials

• 13-06-2004 7:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I got Fruity Loops 4 recently and would like to learn how to use it properly. I've tried googling for them but I only get tutorials for specific plugins etc... So does anyone know of any beginner tutorial sites ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭theone

I dont have any sites to give but it's pretty easy to use the best way is to mess around with it yourself try different things nd b4 u know it u'll be looping away.

Get hold of acid aswell then u can arrange ur loops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I have Acid 3 pro but haven't even looked at it.

I know the best way to learn is to mess around but it would be nice to know how to structure a song properly aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Originally posted by Anima
    I have Acid 3 pro but haven't even looked at it.

I know the best way to learn is to mess around but it would be nice to know how to structure a song properly aswell.

Listen to some music and listen to how its done.
    It's simple enough.
    Four is the magic number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Read the manual that comes with it for a start. I't's pretty big but you don't need to read it indepth. Your not going to learn any of these programs overnight but fruity loops is one of the easiest and most fun.

Within a couple of hours you should be making some decent sounding stuff but the learning curve is slow so gradually your tunes will get better and better as your learn how to use all the plugins and fx.

Good luck and have fun.

BloodBath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭musician.ie

Also read the FAQ forum on the FL website

Anything that isn't there can be found out by asking on the looptalk forum

Also download songs from the song exchange forum, break them down and deconstruct them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

www.dogsonacid.com has the best production forum on the net imo.... there are a load of sticky threads with full step by step tutorials for a variety of different programs. the production forum is called the grid, its mainly geard towards drum and bass production but anything you read will certainly be applicable to whatever genre you want.

Advertisement