Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Television/BroadBand Cable - Where to buy ?

• 13-06-2004 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭

I'm going to move my pc over the other side of the room and I'll need to buy a longer Television/BroadBand cable to do this.

Can I just go in to my local Power City and pick it up ?

The connectors at each end look like I might need NTL to do a job for me or is it possible to do this my-self ?

Any help/ideas would be great - :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

im no expert, but doesn't the NTL modem have an ethernet option on it? if so, you could just leave the modem where it is and buy a length of ethernet cable from maplin or somewhere like that..and use it to connect the modem to the computer from across the room. That way you could avoid touching the NTL TV cable and therefore avoid any signal loss issues...

it says something about rewiring TV cable (coaxial cable i presume) on the NTL website (FAQ page i think), so you might want to be careful (it was something along the lines of "if you screw up and take down the whole neighbourhood cos of bad wiring of our cables, we'll charge you for repairs" ). :) So the ethernet-moving option would probably be safer if anything else. At least that way you don't go near their wires.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭J-537

Yeah good idea I never though of doing that and yes it does have an ethernet option on it that goes into a usb port on the back of my PC !

I'll call into them tomorrow maybe ?

Cheers ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

no problem, although you'll probably need to get yourself a lan card of some sort if your using ethernet cable, if you're using a USB cable at the moment.....(another €15 or €20 in maplin..and theyre not exactly brain surgery to install either)

Advertisement