Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

really bad billboard!

Options
  • 13-06-2004 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭

has anyone seen the billboard... im not sure for what party..

'Stop the Paedophiles'.....with some sleezy looking bloke behind it??

the designers dont have a f u c k i n clue! lol :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Why teddi?

Don't you think the paedophiles should be stopped?

In their tracks?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

It's the campaign for Clifford T. Reid.

An independent candidate in the East constituencey.

Not sure yet if it worked for him though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Redleslie2

He should've had a slogan like "Enemy At The Schoolgates" and a photo of him in sniper outfit.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Originally posted by Amz

Not sure yet if it worked for him though.

Everyone I know who saw it think's he's the peado that needs stopping. Anybody know if he's been lynched yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

I vaguely remember a story in the news recently about a guy who was putting up posters somewhere in the country about a publican he was accusing of being a paedophile. Eventually they caught the man when he was sticking a poster up on an oil tank, apparantly.

So the first few times that I past Reid's posters, I presumed they were the ones I had heard about, and the picture on the poster was in fact the accused paedophile.

I agree with Teddi, it was an ill conceived poster campaign in light of the other 'poster campaign' aimed at the publican.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by robbie1876
    I agree with Teddi, it was an ill conceived poster campaign in light of the other 'poster campaign' aimed at the publican.
    Tempted as I am to run along in this thread as a troll, I reckon everyone thinks it was an ill-conceived campaign in light of that. The guy probably isn't a nut - he's a councillor somewhere (which in itself of course doesn't mean he's not a nut but he probably isn't) so presumably he's raising this issue in a protest fashion rather than having any real hope of actually getting elected. Leinster/East appears to have been used more than the other constituencies as a training ground / issue raiser / I wanna be a politician country this time round.

Anyone get to talk to the guy or one of his lackeys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I think he's an ex prison officer.

Mike.

You're right Mike.

Also a student union bod from Carlow IT at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

He's an ex prison officer, based in Athy if I remember correctly.

Being in North Kildare I didn't see much evidence of his campaign bar the one bit of literarture that arrived in the post.

I'd imagine he focused his efforts on his own local area or something.

I hadn't heard about that other "poster campaign" but that makes this one all the more amusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

*taken from www.quake.ie

stopthepaedos.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

On the subject of political posters, I didn’t think I’d see anything funnier then the cartoon in the Irish Times the other day – some question in the corner, then a load of posters with a load of faces and text ‘vote for me’ under them. With the exclusion of one poster, the one with Gerry Adams, which had the text ‘I just like my photo up everywhere’, or something to that extent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

I was stuck in traffic in Monsterevin en route to Cork when I noticed Clifford's poster and how easy it would be just to cut of the top part of of the poster which reads 'Stop the'.

Think about it.

It's amazing the plans for divilment that hatch in your brain when you're getting carbon monoxide poisoning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

Originally posted by monument
    On the subject of political posters, I didn’t think I’d see anything funnier then the cartoon in the Irish Times the other day – some question in the corner, then a load of posters with a load of faces and text ‘vote for me’ under them. With the exclusion of one poster, the one with Gerry Adams, which had the text ‘I just like my photo up everywhere’, or something to that extent.

"Vote for ME"
    "Vote for ME"
    "You can't vote for ME, I just like having my picture up everywhere"
    Class!

According to Pat Rabbitte early this morning, Mr Reid took the Labour whip on Athy (I think) Town Council. Personally I think the posters were a little over the top. Where did he get all the money for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

I hate that fookin sign. Damn scare tactics. Hows about "stop the scumbags" for a political investment. I'd agree with that cuz those bitches needa be slapped and scumbags are prevelent in societys everywhere. And i think we need to do a lot worse to pedophiles than just stop them, like cutting them all over white a sharp blade a thousand-million times. But putting that sort of crap in an election campaign when you obviously aint gonna do jack **** about it is just wrong.

Originally posted by Nick_oliveri
    But putting that sort of crap in an election campaign when you obviously aint gonna do jack **** about it is just wrong.

Where as mutiliating somebody with a knife is all right? You've got a strange sense of right and wrong sunshine...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

i read that he had budget of 45,000 i dunno possible redundancy money for prison service he got 10,000 votes....

so he's already a council and a labour party member ??ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Those posters are the funniest thing ever though!

Doesn't he look a lot like Seán Moncreiff btw? At first, I thought the posters were a prank esp. given that they were up around Maynooth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

did Clifford elaborate on how he plans to "Stop the Paedohpiles"?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Originally posted by therecklessone
    Where as mutiliating somebody with a knife is all right? You've got a strange sense of right and wrong sunshine...
    Throwing scum like that in jail for five years or whatever for messin with children. Is that right? Alright, i was a bit blunt. What i meant was that more should be done about them. What would you do if you got one of them fockers alone? Talk to him? I think not. Tbh i'd torture the bastard. But thats my opinion and it doesnt really bear any significance to the topic. Believe me i know whats right and wrong. Emotions get caught up in the matter tho. Sorry if i offended anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by chewy
    so he's already a council[lor] and a labour party member ??ffs
    It's quite common for people in elected office to run for other positions, whats wrong with him doing it?

You are allowed spend something in the order of €250,000 per candidate in an EU election.

• Advertisement
Advertisement