Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad Bots

Options
  • 13-06-2004 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

I bought BF Vietnam lately and was really annoyed that it had no single player campaign. I'm forced to play Instant Battle all the time and the bots are fupping dreadful!

I got into the gunner seat of a chinook and sat there looking at the driver, and hitting F5 ("GoGoGo") and he kept saying "Negative!" I have no idea what he was waiting for. Clearance from the tower???!?!! Muppet!

I got out and started shooting at him through the windscreen, before I got bored and turned off my machine....

And god help you if they actually do start to fly the helicopter. You're taking your short digital life in your hands right there!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Also they all know where you are so hiding is pointless they ALL target there guns on you with there super duper shots they never miss

its a pain in the ass playing againt them i always end up getting pissed off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Panzer81

What about Hastings with an 'AI' huey-gunner.
    No, those mini-guns aren't for decoration, SHOOT!

Anyone notice the poll on the battlefield site when BF:V launched?
    'If Vietnam had no single player would you still buy it?'
    Obviously we didn't buy it for those bots.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭FranDrastic

Originally posted by bizmark
    Also they all know where you are so hiding is pointless ...

True, very true. As soon as you stick your head around the corner, they shoot you right through the eye.

Hey Bizz....

Where's a good local spot to get the 1.02 patch from?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

get it from the main vietnam site they have good download speeds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Originally posted by FranDrastic
    Hey Bizz....

Where's a good local spot to get the 1.02 patch from?

/me sighs.

Does noone look at the stickies.

Click Me For Linkage To Patch!!!!!!

Originally posted by Jimeatsmenu
    /me sighs.

Thanks Mr. Menu,

I guess I's earning my newbie stripes. I'll let you shoot me one day when i get my broadband.....:cool:

Originally posted by Jimeatsmenu
    /me sighs.

Thanks Biz...

Thanks Mr. Menu,

I guess I's earning my newbie stripes. I'll let you shoot me one day when i get my broadband.....:cool:

[edit]double posts are for teh n00bs[/edit]

Doh!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

LOL

kdjagay.

God I'm bored.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Irish_Kamikaze

ok i hear what your saying about the bots being dumb at flying and how accurate they are but if you have ever played a lan game with them and played with your mates its great crack!

I had a game where it was me and three of my friends on quang tri 1968 and it was so much fun just me and my mates against the rest of some 35 bots, so much fun.
    If you cant play campaign mode then why not make your own? Go to multiplayer then go to COOP and then put in the maps you think should be in it, its great crack and who cares if the bots home in on you like a fag in a disco bar, that just means that there is no point hiding but rather to go hunt them for yourself!!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Steven999

before i bought bfv i read the PC Gamer review of it .in the article it talked about the multiplayer saying how great it was and then the reviewer starts going on the about the single player campaign in it saying how fun it was to run over guys and then getting told how many he had killed this way.the point is he actually played the single player campaign .not the single mission version we have{his version even had extra features and this was 2 weeks before it was released}.so there i was thinking there was a single player campaign in it with extra features as described in the review and buying the game bringing it home and thinking its broken cause the single player was missing i had to talk to EA games to see what the bloody story was....bottom line the game was released way too early

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Dice never intended this to be a single player game in anyway. For all intents and purposes there is no single player game. No source release means noone can make their own bots so play online or coop.

kdjac

I agree, but what hes probley got is a bad line to play the game online with and that he bought it so he could play the single player mode. But now he got screw'd over on his game.
    I think you shud just make ur own game up on multiplayer its much better crack!! You dont have to be online or hav a LAN line to do it, its so easy!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Steven999

i play it with broadband and always intended to i was just saying that the game reviewer played a single player campaign

O sorry, well then you should either complain or just be greatfull that you have this wonderfull game to play at your dissposile.
    Hell i said bf1942 was crap when it first came out, in the reviews it looked sh*t but the game play was brilliant and so i got hooked on it.

Advertisement