Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I ping ??

• 13-06-2004 11:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

Real Broadband (and pc) newbie here, How do I do a ping test and whats a good ping score ? I am on eircom broadband, Rgds Mark

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

Go to run and then type cmd and press enter

In DOS mode type

ping www.boards.ie

or

ping www.jolt.co.uk

Anything around 50 ms is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

using eircom radsl ping to boards.ie should be just under 30
    and ping to jolt.co.uk just under 40

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

you may wonder how to get to dos :p

In w2k you go to start -> run -> type 'cmd'
    Then Ping 212.41.********

You can also do a Tracert 212.41.******* which will show u the route your data takes to its destination. Less the better of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭MarinoMark

Thanks all for your help, I pinged boards.ie twice first result was 25ms second test was 23ms ? Is this good ? Regards Mark Newbie !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

It's a fine result. Once it over 30 ms to Boards then you can get annoyed - if pings are important to you. More interesting is the attached image you have, the dove, emm why?. Is it meant to spook us:D. it's freaking me out all-right :p.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

I'm wondering about the dove as well :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

I assume he took a screen shot and saved it - but double clicked on the wrong file to attach? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭MarinoMark

I only wanted to see would it animate when I posted it on boards.(I said I was a pc newbie !! To cheer you all up click this link (sound on) http://www.yocum.org/baby/
    Regards Mark

Advertisement