Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of new PS2??

Options
  • 13-06-2004 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭

Hey Im planning on buying a new ps2 tomorrow but I just want to know what the prices are like in the different shops like Smyths, Game or Gamestop.

I emailed the three places but only got a reply from smyths so I know what price smyths are asking but if anyone knows what the price is like in Game or Gamestop could ya tell me? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Originally posted by joe123
    Hey Im planning on buying a new ps2 tomorrow but I just want to know what the prices are like in the different shops like Smyths, Game or Gamestop.

I emailed the three places but only got a reply from smyths so I know what price smyths are asking but if anyone knows what the price is like in Game or Gamestop could ya tell me? Thanks.

gonna have to suggest a trek around dublin on that one. each chain offer multiple bundles deals and it impossible to remember them all :dunno:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

By the way does anyone know do GAME have a website address, because i cant find it on google?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

afaik they have a website but its an english site with no irish prices

i think its a www.game.uk.com

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭DrEvil

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'd advise you to wait a few months before buying a PS2, the price just went to $149 in America so we'll probably get a price drop before the end of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The PS2 seems to be the same price everywhere. However the games included deals are different. Hunt around for a good games deal.

Best to take rainbow kirby's advice. The PS2 is long overdue a price cut.

Remember to get a newer version of the PS2. PS2's are badly built and problems are quite common. Don't end up like me with a broken PS2 after just over 2 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    Best to take rainbow kirby's advice. The PS2 is long overdue a price cut.
    aye, it should have gone down to €150 2 years ago by my reckoning.

who in their right mind would pay €200 for a 4 year old console?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Kind of annoying that the oldest console is the most expensive. More disturbing is that the GBA is more expensive than a Gamecube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭combs

If you want the best crop of games you should buy a new one pre-modified for imports.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    Remember to get a newer version of the PS2. PS2's are badly built and problems are quite common. Don't end up like me with a broken PS2 after just over 2 years.

I got mine on launch day...not broken yet...(shhh! don't jinx it!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

Originally posted by RobertFoster
    I got mine on launch day...not broken yet...

Same here and its still going strong even if the fan noise is absolutly terrirble!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Originally posted by sound_wave
    Same here and its still going strong even if the fan noise is absolutly terrirble!

not as bad as the DC tbh.

Advertisement