Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet explorer issue

Options
  • 14-06-2004 12:12am

i have come across an issue on my internet explorer were i am getting "The page cannot be displayed" When i know the page is there. I thought it might be an issue the latest update microsoft.com had and i downloaded the patch from thereand i still have the same problem.
    An example of this is if i try to download anything on microsoft. com i get ........ The page cannot be displayed
    The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
    If your Network Administrator has enabled it, Microsoft Windows can examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings.
    If you would like Windows to try and discover them,
    click Detect Network Settings
    Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
    If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
    Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
    Internet Explorer

Can anybody throw some light on this and help me out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

Deja vu, here i am posting this again as my other post has mysteriously disappeared:dunno: . Im having troubles to with IE. If i haven't been using computer for a few hours and go to open IE then, it says "page cannot be displayed". There is nothing wrong with my connection because IRC and my 2 messengers work fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ColmOT [MSFT]

What size is your tempinternet files cahce?

Try emptying the cache and reload the pages.

Also delete the downloaded ActiveX modules (as there may be nasty ones in there)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

can you ping the pages that won't display? I was having this prob last week with loads of sites but it was down to that bloody "Internet Optimiser" thing...once I removed it everything was ok...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭pyrogenx

I had the same problem for a while, but without touching the settings or anything ,it just didn't happen again since. Now its working for the last 2 weeks constantly.
    funny that this.

Advertisement