Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone used Bidpay with ebay?

Options
  • 14-06-2004 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

is bidpay reliable?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭J-537

I've never used bidpay, but I do use paypal ALL the time with eBay - and I've never had any problems really !

Have you every tried it ?

www.paypal.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭silent

bidpay is fine however keep in mind that there is absolutely no way to get a refund off them if the deal goes sour or the seller is some asshat
    not that you have much more protection with paypal (hardly much)
    only solution might be a CC chargeback as with all services paid by creditcard

all in all reliable, but it cost you more (some $ handling fee paid by the buyer)
    personally I'd use it only for auction where the seller is ultra reliable and nice and it's an item you can't buy in a different auction where the seller takes paypal

edit: don't forget that bidpay is run by western union which provides the service - quite secure therefor
    btw, you can only use bidpay for paying for auction, you can't buy a money order off them to pay for something bought off an auction (you need to provide an ebay number) - however I have once used it to pay for something I bought off a forum.
    You can look into payingfast.com - slightly less charges I think. I used both bidpay and payingfast a couple times in the past

Advertisement