Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

yes yes oh yeay

Options
  • 14-06-2004 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

The geography map that came up today was my town.;) I dont care what anyone says, this is an advantage. The map was actually a few years old. The site for the shopping centre is now home to a Lidl, so I could write loads about it. The main advantage though, was that I didn't have to spend ages of time searching the map for antiquities and I didn't have to spend ages trying to link the map with the photo.

This IS an advantage. I was runnning over time with my other questiosn and I did this pretty quickly. A little unfair maybe, but I'm not complaining

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

damn you! you you PLEB! :p

Since you live ther, tell me what you did for Q3A (i). I was fairly stumped by it. Everything else was grand though. I only revised 4 topics, and all four came up :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

You CANNOT right about personal experience!! I have said it before and will say it again!! THAT IS A DISADVANTAGE if it made you talk about somethin from personal and new experience that isnt on the map dispite it saying With reference to the map then it is not an advantage as you will get no marks for it and have just wasted time :(

It could be an advantage for orientation but other than that it isnt

The geography map that came up today was my town. I dont care what anyone says, this is an advantage. The map was actually a few years old. The site for the shopping centre is now home to a Lidl, so I could write loads about it. The main advantage though, was that I didn't have to spend ages of time searching the map for antiquities and I didn't have to spend ages trying to link the map with the photo.

Im from Ballina aswell. I thouht that having a map of Ballina was a disadvantage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Libertine

You cannot Kill what you did not create

Yes you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Originally posted by Smellyirishman
    You CANNOT right about personal experience!! I have said it before and will say it again!! THAT IS A DISADVANTAGE if it made you talk about somethin from personal and new experience that isnt on the map dispite it saying With reference to the map then it is not an advantage as you will get no marks for it and have just wasted time :(

It could be an advantage for orientation but other than that it isnt

sounds like someone is jealous. I didn't write from personal experience, It was all "this looks like" and "this could possibly be". Orientation is a big advantage

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Libertine
    Yes you can.

Nah im afraid not.

And im am in now way jelous, but you said about " The site for the shopping centre is now home to a Lidl, so I could write loads about it. " That information was not written on the map was it? No so clearly you did write about somethin from personal experience, Im not jelous im just saying they wont mark you up because your from the area and said that now has a market, they may infact hold marks as tey now know you had an advantage! But I doubt that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

For students who are good at geography and have done penty of past papers, I think the aerial photo being of your hometown must be an advantage. If nothing else it means you can probably work faster. For weaker students it could be a disadvantage because they may mention things not clear from the photo etc.

Originally posted by Smellyirishman
    Nah im afraid not.

And im am in now way jelous, but you said about " The site for the shopping centre is now home to a Lidl, so I could write loads about it. " That information was not written on the map was it? No so clearly you did write about somethin from personal experience, Im not jelous im just saying they wont mark you up because your from the area and said that now has a market, they may infact hold marks as tey now know you had an advantage! But I doubt that.

Such hostility, I'll debate this no further after this since you're making assumptions. This is an advantage. I picked up on things that a lot of others wouldn't, such as the proximity of the site to the post office and the train station, these wee both on the map, so its acceptable to put it down. Now I've done enough questions to know that it has to be all preceeded by, could bes and might bes. I didn't write it on the paper that it's now home to a Lidl, I wrote it here. A lot of you wont have spotted the trees around the site which will stop it being an eyesore. The present entrance to Lidl was also hard to spot on the map. I put it down as a possible entrance. Do you get my point? quit being a retard

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

what in the name of sweet jesus were those triangular installations in the river moy??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!????????????????????!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!????????????????????!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!????????????????????!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!????????????????????!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!????????????????????!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!????????????????????!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!????????????????????!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!????????????????????!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!????????????????????!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!????????????????????!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!????????????????????!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!????????????????????!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!????????????????????!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!????????????????????!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!????????????????????!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!????????????????????!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!????????????????????!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!????????????????????!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!????????????????????!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!????????????????????!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!????????????????????!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!????????????????????!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!????????????????????!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!????????????????????!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!????????????????????!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!????????????????????!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!????????????????????!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!????????????????????!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!????????????????????!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!????????????????????!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!????????????????????!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!????????????????????!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!????????????????????!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!????????????????????!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!????????????????????!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!????????????????????!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!????????????????????!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!????????????????????!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!????????????????????!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!????????????????????!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!????????????????????!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!????????????????????!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!????????????????????!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!????????????????????!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??????????????????ha?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

i thought they were a dock for boats... and backed that up with the boats that were further downstream.

• Advertisement

thats exactly the kind of thing I could spot, but ye couldn't. Its where they dredged the river to make spawning grounds for fish. Anglers can walk out on them and fish. Of course I said it was possibly dredging, that could possibly be used for the spawning of fish or to prevent erosion of the river banks on which there are roads:D .

The chat down the river is a jetty. Manys the drink and smoke I've had on that very jetty, sniff sniff. Also, in the corner of the picture, there was a fishing weir. The black chat that spanned accross the river

Hey wo man!

Sorry if I came off as hostile, I didnt mean it in the slightest. I did agree that orientation would be helpful , I just said that it is not an advantage if you put down your personal knowledge of the site. That is all. I was not "retarded" as you seem to have picked up

"The site for the shopping centre is now home to a Lidl, so I could write loads about it." thats what you said. Implying that you wrote about how lidl was there now. Thats personal knowledge, thats what im talking about. Im not acting retarded Im just having my say in a discussion, simple.

I said " It could be an advantage for orientation " you then replied: "sounds like someone is jealous....Orientation is a big advantage"

Eh ye I agreed with you, so you flame me! :D

Look I was just saying that personal knowledge isnt "allowed" You may think I was coming on strong but I was merely talkin about the facts, take them as you see fit

;)

and I agreed with you about the personal experience part, you assumed that I wrote it down on the paper. I did go to a geography class in or around the same standard as your own one (or would that be an assumption:rolleyes: ) and so, I know everything has to be preceeded by a possibly or a could be.

The jealousy comment was, of course, a joke, but then again, tones dont travel well through text, so I apologise if you interpreted it as a flame. God I hate that word "flame"

*hugs you* anyway, lets never fight again:p

:' ( Im so sorry brother.

Well ye just your average joe Secondary school, no €5000 a term "colleges" for me !

Who cares anyway we both gonna get B`s or A`s or whatever we want! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

They allow for this though, or so my geog teacher said. It is seen as an advantage. the exam centre numbers from the map region are noted! It does say based on map evidence only though.

Originally posted by Jammer
    They allow for this though, or so my geog teacher said. It is seen as an advantage. the exam centre numbers from the map region are noted! It does say based on map evidence only though.

Urban ledgend my friend. If that was the case then why dont they just give us brittish maps?

Advertisement