Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weny to a house show yesterday possible spoiler

• 14-06-2004 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭

Saw a smackdown house show in st louis yesterday. Had been to a televised event before so I wasnt sure what to expect. We were alot closer to the ring without any of the pyrotechnics and such, all just the ring and a stereo hooked to a mike playing their entrance tracks. Was pretty cool you felt closer to the wrestlers and they played alot more humour with crowd interaction than I have seen on tv.
    Anyway the matches went as follows
    Paul London and Billy Kidman beat the FBI. Good opener.
    Rico and Charlie Haas beat the Basham Brothers. So-So match but I was surprised by how much Rico has crowd support now.
    Kurt angle comes out and declares that john cena will lose the belt to booker t and that jbl will beat eddie guerro, torrie comes out dressed like cena in his new ghey camoflague t shirt and calls out a crap hand written rap. Kurt isnt impressed and sends luther in to beat up torrie. He flings her around the ring until she gets a crotch shot and then runs out to slap kurt in the face.
    Rey Mysterio beats Mark Jindrak. Rey gets the win after a west coast pop that went 3/4 the way accross the ring. Good match but Jindraks character is going nowhere.

Spoiler..................
    The dudly boys come out to tell everyone that they own paul bearer and that heyman owns the urn so they own taker. They call taker out and order him to lie down so d-von can get the pin. He does so but grabs dvon and bubba ray as he goes for the pin. Long match ensues which finishers with taker chokeslamming bubba ray and tombstoning d-von. Not sure if this was just for the crowd or a plot development though
    What amazed me was how huge the pop for taker was when he came out.

RVD beat dupree in a so-so match. I was the only one cheering dupree.
    Cena beat Booker T to retain the title. The result was never in doubt but it was a good match because there were several instances where it looked that booker t could get the win. His scissors kick almost took cenas head off before cena FU'd him for the win.

Spike beats Chavo Guerro. Maybe this is how they reward spike for his crushings on TV by letting him win in front of small crowds.

Bikini contest, wohoo, this is gonna be.......................crap. Although dawn marie wore skin coloured gstring and bra so from where I was it looked like she was naked. Was made a bit more interesting when mordecai came out to condemn them all. Funaki jumps him from behind only to recieve a razors edge. If they reward spike by allowing him to win every so often how do they reward funaki???

Main event of the evening was JBL versus Eddie. JBL comes out to a chorus of boos and picks up the mic. Comes out with some very heel remarks about kurt warner (moved to new york giants) and saying that barry bonds proves that you can hit home runs without using steroids ( an attack against mark macguire, former cardinal who held the record for home runs in a season and was definately on steroids). Eddie comes out and so does kurt and luther. Before the match could begin some of the crowd started yelling at bradshaw. He picks up the mike furiously and addresses the group "You talking about my getting fired from CNBC?" Crowd goes wild "This has nothing to do with this, They cant appreciate good talent" Rest of the crowd starts shouting "you got fired". Reminded me of WM XX and brocks chanting. He looked seriously pssed. Match, like WMXX was really bad to begin, all jbl was doing was holding eddie in a sleeper over and over again, not sure if it was planned or not. Eddie lightened the crowds spirits by reversing the headlock and grabbing JBLs hair. Everytime the ref counted to four eddie let go only to grab the hair again. After about ten of these the crowd were laughing and the match steadily improved until kurt ran interference. While the ref took a bump eddie belt shotted jbl and was set to hit kurt with it until the ref turned around. Eddie throws kurt the belt and falls down, ref ejects kurt angel and crowd go mental. Frog splash for the win.
    Eddie addresses the crowd thanking them for showing up and safe home. Nice guy

Went to get a sandwich with my girlfriend in the mall nearby after the event, while I was sitting there I saw paul london and rene dupree walk by. As they went by me I looked up and said 'Nice show guys' Rene gave me a nod of acknowledgement but paul london stopped to shake my hand which was pretty cool. Pretty good day for $25, about half what I paid for worse seats at the televised event.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 yami308

Bikini contest, wohoo, this is gonna be.......................crap. Although dawn marie wore skin coloured gstring and bra so from where I was it looked like she was naked. Was made a bit more interesting when mordecai came out to condemn them all. Funaki jumps him from behind only to recieve a razors edge. If they reward spike by allowing him to win every so often how do they reward funaki???

By letting do the bikini contest, obviously.:D

Advertisement