Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL Signup

• 14-06-2004 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭

On the 07/06/04 I signed up to Esat BT to move over my fone package and setup the basic BB package.

They immediately replied with their 2 automated reply emails.
    Thank you for choosing IOL Broadband from Esat BT
    Thank you for choosing Esat BT's home phone service

Since then no word. Today is the 14th.
    I had somewhere along the line gotten the impression that an immediate followup/confirmation phone call would be made on their part, yet nada.

Now we'd be very hefty phone users with large bills and would have been what I would consider a 'catch' for a rival telephoney company, yet with the complete lack of customer service on their part I'm beginning to have doubts about moving over.

Granted they seem to offer a good package, but at least eircom try hard (to maintain their abhorrent monopoly). They've been on to us numerous times about getting BB and other such packages, and any time we've dealt with them they've been courteous and prompt - despite being scum :)

So is this what I should expect from IOL, am I being a dik for expecting such quick communication, or is it that they're understaffed for the quantity of signups they're getting?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭CONMIKE12

I think it takes between 15 and 20 working days for them to set you up with the BB. When i signed over to their telephony service a couple of years ago it took about 2 weeks before they switched us over. Keep an eye on your bills ,their billing dept. is a bit of a nightmare.

Advertisement