Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass maths answers I ppr II

Options
  • 14-06-2004 7:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭

Just some that I took down, some right , some wrong but I think I got a decent amount right :rolleyes:

Q1.(a) 24cm^2 (b)messed it up! so easy but i messed it up! (c)(i)2.1m(ii)0.81pi(iii) wrong! got wrong formula! :(

Q2(a)(8,1) (b)(i)5 (ii)10.5 (iii) slope is same and solve (iv) put it in =0 (v) slopes are equal etc...

Q3(a)(i)6 (ii)X^2+Y^2=144 (b)(i) show its diameter, twice length of radius (ii) right angle triangle to pythagorous (sp?) (c)(x+2)^2+(y-1)^2=10 (ii) + or - 1

Q6(a) (i) 40,320 (ii) 5,040 (b) (i) 2,925 (ii) 117 (iii) 52 (iv) 25 (c) (i) 1/24 (ii) 1/6 (could be wrong) (iv) put down somethin but it was wrong

Q7(a) root 10! (b)(i)40 (ii)graph (iii) 25 (iv)220 (v)60

Q11 (a) same 2 in question but with inequality signs and x greater or equal to 0 (b) 720X+360Y less then or equal to 108000 , 6X+8Y < or = to 1200 ( then draw graph) (ii) (120,60) (150,0)

somethin like that I think but like I said I did some wrong I think

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Corona

Yeah I got nearly all of those answers, except in the probability question but I did Trig as a 7th question so can afford to mess up one question. Overall thought the two papers were easy enough. Would be very disappointed if I didn't get an A.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Originally posted by Smellyirishman
    Q3(a)(i)6 (ii)X^2+Y^2=144 (b)(i) show its diameter, twice length of radius (ii) right angle triangle to pythagorous (sp?)
    I solved part (ii) differently I took ahalf of the triangle and tried to see if they had the same area, and it worked. Wonder if they'll accept it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

Paper 2 was reliatively easy alright, though I wasted so much time. I was taking my time, not too bothered about timing at the start, as Maths is gonna be my 'fall' subject. I just wanted a decent pass.

I'd say I hit a b3 or c1 in Paper 1, which was dissappointing, but I did well in the Irish, so I said Maths would be my fall subject.

Was finished question 3 when I realised that there was only about an hour left.
    I was never any great at P2, didn't like and didn't practice it much. I'd say the last time I done more than 2 questions in one sitting was in the Mocks.

Q1:
    Well handy, though some poeple got mixed up and confussled on the C part. Finished this question in about 20 mins.
    Answers :
    A. 24m squared
    B. 1682.8m sq.
    C. (1) 2.1m (2) .8095pi m sq. (3) .4868pi m sq.

Q2:
    Couldn't remember the exact midpoint formula, so I split to the jacks for about 10 minutes to try clear the head. Eventually got it right, through a process of elimination. Should nearly have studied the formulae last night :). Started this question at 10.00, and with the process' of eliminations and the jacks, got it finished at 10.55.
    Answers :
    A. Midpoint (8,1)
    B. (1) 5 (2) 6 (3) 3x-4y+16=0 (4) Showed it (5) abcd is a parallelogram.

Q3:
    Quite handy alright. Realised that I'd only a half hour left when I got to part C, so when that wasn't working out, I just left it and went for Q7 and Q11. Started this question at 10.55 and finished at 11.30.
    Answers :
    A. (1) Radious = 6 (2) x2 + y2 = 144
    B. (1) Distance formula, showed that length ao = bo. (2) Got the slope of AC as 5, verifyed that the slope of the perpendicular was -1 over 5.
    C. (1) Attempted it, cant remember what method I used, but it didnt come out right. Just left it and went onto Q7.

Q7:
    Was in a rush to get this and Q11 done. This didn't turn out well though. Couldn't be arsed getting the mid-interval values in B, ****ed up the standard deviation too. Wasn't too bothered though.

Q11: Linear Programming
    Handy enough imo, though the second and third section of part B was a bit confusing.
    Answers :
    A. Inequalities = 1. x - 2y > 0 ; 2. 2x + y < 4 ; 3. Y > 0
    B. (1) Inequalities = 1. 720X + 360Y < or equal to 108,000 ; 2. 6X + 8Y < or equal to 1200. Illustrated both on graph paper with the points : (150,300) and (200,150).
    (2) Max Income = (150,300) = €4650 income
    (3) Max profit = (150,300) = €1350 profit.

Finished this question at about 12.03. Probably got it done in about 20 minutes.

Overall, hopefully I got Q1 and Q2 fully correct. Q3 A and B correct, and hopefully, but not likely Q11 correct. Maybe ye could verify my answers though.
    Hopefully about 170 marks out of 300 and I'd be delighted.

I just hope now that I dont fail French, Biology or Tech. (touch wood)

Advertisement