Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Val live?

Options
  • 14-06-2004 8:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭

our internet is up again (yay!) , so are you live now?

le chat et chouette :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭pastis

Bonsoir le chat et la chouette !

Any feedback from the Primavera festival?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Gondalhibouchat

cool Val, you playing a Gil Scott Heron remix song before??

errrr....didn't even know that? you sure it's me?

ah Soul Coughing, though I think the text is from the poet Gill scott heron

Primavera was ****ing great! such a good atmosphere with all the spanish stoners and indie kids. to be honest, it was much better than Sonar in general. sonar is good for music but no atmosphere as there are too many nordic folks, whereas primavera is mostly filled with catalans, spanish and southern froggies

saw great sets of Nina Nastasia (finally!!), The Fall with Mark Smith totaly pissed, ofcourse the Pixies were really good though some folks who had seen them in the prime years said they only played their hits and didn't go wild., still was good.
    Kid606 did a mental electrobibibibi set
    also Matmos live set was incredible!! best electronica live set ever, it was more
    alt-country-folk-electro-noise-everything into 1 set. lots of live video and live processing/sampling at same time, just brilliant.
    Another really good set was Smog, at the time I was finishing a bottle of wine on my own and the tipsy feeling suited the sounds I must say.
    Dominique A was nice to see, was on his own doing guitar or pedal drum and all the time waving his arms like a gymnast :rolleyes: , Benjamin Biolay was also good enough but typical french paino chansons. David holmes and the 2Many Dj's both played nice poppy/indie dj sets.
    didn't see PJ Harvey as friend of mine was playing ****ed up disco-tronica in different room, mad bastard. he looks a bit like Frank Black, so when he started he shouted: *you may know me from last night, I'm frank Black of the Pixies, so **** PJ and listen to my set!*. quite some people believed him at first :p
    saw a bit of Primal Scream and it was horrible, the instrumental bits were ok but Bobby was just mumbling nonsense. other disappointments were the Russian Futurists, some sort of yankee Stereolab/Notwist rip off. also Mudhoney couldn't impress me too much.

well, bad thing what happened was that on last night my bag got stolen , I was quite pissed as I had smuggled 3 botles of wine into the festival. I put my bag down one moment and stepped 1-2 metres away from it, next minute bag gone!! and none of my firends saw anything (note: we were all heavilly pissed) so my digital camera, minidisc recorder, some newly purhcased cd's, 30 euro's, my hoodie and some live recording on minidisc all gone!! oh no!! , but my passport and creditcard where left at the place I was staying, but still was crap

anyway, even with this experience I'll do Pirmavera again next year, as long as the line up is good.

le chat

Another good report from our feline correspondent. Sorry all your stuff got stolen. Ah, just ask Dathi and Xfm to cover the expenses.

I'm gonna go. Stay tuned to Wirewool's cool show. Take care patats.

Val

• Advertisement

yo man, cool..I'll send dathi an estimation
    :D

I listened a bit to colin, but as our PC is next to tv downstairs I had to turn music off as sev is now watching a crappy frogy movie :p

but the french electronica song colin played a bit before is good, I have it on the Active Suspension vs. Clapping Music comp. such a good experimental/electronica comp of french artists only

Advertisement