Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Songs in your head while doing an exam

Options
  • 14-06-2004 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭

Did you ever get an annoying song in your head which you couldn't get rid of, and in the middle of your LC exam you want to think of an answer to the question but all you come up with is that annoying song?

That happened to me today, thankfully I could still concentrate enough to think.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

no songs just as yet, but during maths today i kept recauling how a guy in my year was describing how hard it was to get the papers to stick....
    "and i was licking it like a mad c*nt"

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭one-angry-dwarf

yea me too. have you noticed how many really catchy ANNOYING songs are out right now? D12 - my band. and that covered in punk song. Well thats only two, but god theyre annoying! It's all a big conspiracy....:ninja:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Talking Heads - Psyhco Killer

haha, Great song.

Has some french in it. Maybe that'll be handy tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

Yeah BIG time. During english paper 2 Under Pressure was just going mad in my head. Told my friend after and he said he couldn't get Video Killed the Radio Star out of his head. Must be some scientific basis to this. Maybe it's your sadistic side deliberately distracting you. I was practically humming it anyway it was so loud in my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Originally posted by Discharger Snake
    Yeah BIG time. During english paper 2 Under Pressure was just going mad in my head. Told my friend after and he said he couldn't get Video Killed the Radio Star out of his head. Must be some scientific basis to this. Maybe it's your sadistic side deliberately distracting you. I was practically humming it anyway it was so loud in my head.
    That's a great song. Though, today I had a *cough* Boyzone *cough* song in my head. Heard it when I was having breakfast in town. Ugh, hopefully it didn't wreck my chances of my predicted A1.

• Advertisement

the guy next to me keep huming "want somebody to love by jefferson aerplane"

/me shudders

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

I woke up to that stupid "Might Trick Me Once" song and couldn't get it out of my head until after Geography

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Simi

Yeah i usually have a different song for every exam in my head but when i dod an english one i always have that one from american beauty stuck in my head playin over and over.

Originally posted by oeNeo
    I woke up to that stupid "Might Trick Me Once" song and couldn't get it out of my head until after Geography

dam you! it's in my head now......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

"we will we will rock you!" going through my head in maths2.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Mutant_Fruit
    "we will we will rock you!" going through my head in maths2.
    I had that song for my Irish PI, so annoying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

Scar Tissue... all through Irish Paper 2. Nice break from the mind numbing nature of pass irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Sarunas

A friend of mine gave me his earphones with some heavy rock song on thursday modning. The lyrics when something like this:

"School is blown to pieces, no more books, no more teachers its summer time..."

Well school is blow to pieces got stuck in my mind during the p1 of maths exam. Unpleasant...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Lantis

Faith of the Heart during most of them ,which isn't TOO bad.
    Banzai during Irish. Japanese songs during Irish = not good.
    Zhu Zhi Ge (Pig's Song) during Geography. It'd help if a song that I know the meaning of got stuck in my head, y'know?

Originally posted by Lantis
    Faith of the Heart during most of them ,which isn't TOO bad.
    Banzai during Irish. Japanese songs during Irish = not good.
    Zhu Zhi Ge (Pig's Song) during Geography. It'd help if a song that I know the meaning of got stuck in my head, y'know?
    I've never gotten an asian song stuck in my head, mainly because they're not annoying, must listen to more asian songs so :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭popinfresh

I had the song from cheers in my head. Dear god,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

It was Tchaikovsky today for some odd reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭penguincakes

I'll tell you the easiest way to get a song out of your head.

It's to think of the first two lines of "Puff the Magic Dragon":

"Puff the magic dragon, lives by the sea,
    And frolics in the autumn mists, in a land called Honalee"

You will now have that stuck in your head for the next 3 days, thus replacing the other song.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

i had that pattie smith 'wild horses' song in me head ALL DURING GEOG today
    i was there 'do ya know how to poney? like boney maroney....d'ya know how to twist, well it goes lke this....?' in my head, tapping along, trying to justify my division of france into three regions, when i got the feeling i was being surrounded by horses, horses, coming infrom all directions....wild...wild....

anyway

also had 'how doess it make you feel?' by air, y'know with the funny computer voice, in the oul thinker ALL DURING irish paper one!

other favourites include i get a kick out of you, ME AND MY FRICKIN SHADOW COS IT WAS PLAYING IN THE SHOP ACROSS FROM OUR SCHOOL BEFORE MATHS TODAY!!!!! and headlong by the frames, oh and lover, you shoulda come over, hey day was there at some stage today aswell, oh and....

i'm one of those people who always has a song in their head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭stuey

I heard "No Limit" in the car the other day as we were cruisin around. And I havn't been able to get it out of my head since. Plus I keep on thinking about all the funny and great things that hapened during the year. Still my extremely short attention span had increased so much its shocking. I went through a whole Maths Question without wandering once, which is an achievement for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

On the way into school this morning and Steve Harley And Cockney Rebels were playing "Make Me Smile"...

You know --

"Come up and see me, make me smile
    I'll do what you want, running wild

There's nothing left
    All is gone and run away
    Maybe you'll tarry for a while
    It's just a test
    A game for us to play
    Win or lose, it's hard to smile"

-- it has a few bangin catchy guitar lines in it.

Addictive song... Sat singing/humming/tapping it inside in Maths this morning. Remember those lines.... Sing it in the morning,, during French maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Barbie_666

maths paper 1 - i want to break free : Queen

great song, just not when your trying 2 remember theorems...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭SeanPuddin

Try Sinead O'Connor, nothin compares...

**** it just won't go away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭smelly girl

Originally posted by Demeant0r
    Did you ever get an annoying song in your head which you couldn't get rid of, and in the middle of your LC exam you want to think of an answer to the question but all you come up with is that annoying song?

That happened to me today, thankfully I could still concentrate enough to think.

oh my god thats so wierd, i was just gonna ask that.
    Demeant0r, are you really me??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭elle

I've pretty much had a different song everyday for the leaving, don't ask me how or why but the whole way through I have these songs in my head....so far I've had the Weetabix tune from the full irish 2fm(!), buzzin fly -tim buckley, detroit cobras, big sur-thrills!it's like the soundtrack to my life;) :D:p :eek: :dunno: :ninja:

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Star Wars - Duel of the Fates, for Geography.

That comes from deciding that the best thing to do with my free time before exams was watch every star wars film.

I'd never really liked star wars before but it's in my head all the time now. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Envy

I had Mozart's Piano Concerto No. 26 in my head the whole way through maths paper two.

(Nah, it was more Summer by Mogwai. Feckin' song.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

woo! a mogwai fan. They kick muchos ass! I'd love to see em live during the summer.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

some fella outside the exam place i was doin english started playin ringtones and he played my milkshake my kelis the sleazeball i couldnt get it outta my head.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Envy

They kick muchos ass

Agreed. I could have done without that song, though. Ah well.

And yeah, I'd love to see them live as well. Though even if they were playing in my backyard, lack of money could pose difficulties.

Advertisement