Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL DNS [14-June]

• 14-06-2004 8:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭

Is anyone else having absolutely terrible trouble with this?
    On/off/on/off all the f*cking time today

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Zefren

Working fine here on IOLBB.

Which DNS servers did you get allocated (or are you using) ?

Zef

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

Earlier on, the DNS just stopped working all the time. No idea why

Ths servers are all dealt out dynamically so i dont know what one i was using at the time.

I was just wondering if I was the only one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 90s

Having awful trouble here too gave them a call not that it will do ne good:rolleyes:

Well power cycling the router (posh phrase for *turn off* *turn on* :)) fixed it temporarily - but there was a phase where it just stopped working for no reason :(

I'll have a word with them today and let you know how I do

Just off the phone with IOL Tech support, they have no record of any downtime or problems at all.

*shrug*
    he gave me their DNS servers in case I needed them again (I was using my own DNS server anyway, but just in case)

Primary: 192.111.39.1
    Secondary: 192.111.39.4

Daniel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Or you can use

You can actually use any DNS server on the net.

Yup I know, but I thought that if anyone was to search the forums again for iol and dns together, then this thread would at least show their main dns servers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

Originally posted by zoro
    Yup I know, but I thought that if anyone was to search the forums again for iol and dns together, then this thread would at least show their main dns servers :)
    Haha, you can't do that search cos the STUPID search funtion will only let you search for words with 4 or more letters...

The search term you specified (dns) is under the minimum word length (4) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

try searching for dns*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

Originally posted by rob1891
    try searching for dns*

That does the trick, thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement