Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clicksilver - available one minute, not available next

• 14-06-2004 8:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭

Decided to signup for clicksilver. Used their availability checker several times and it said my area was covered. (I'm in Cork- Mayfield - 021 450 area). Today I went to signup, clicked on availability checker, typed in phone number, okay said broadband was available, continued through to signup. Left it for a few minutes to get Eircom account number. Typed in Eircom account number only to be told broadband wasn't available.

To be sure this wasn't extra information they got from my account number, I cleared all cookies, restarted browser then tried again. This time I was stopped at first stage. Tried different browser and same again, so looked like they've updated their database while I was going through the steps. Anyone got any info on this? Is there a timetable for broadband availability from them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

in the carlow area had similar probs.

ring the €ircom number fist to comfim ur exchange is enabled and ur line passes and then ring utv.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

When I signed up for Clicksilver the eircon site said its wavailable but bothe UTV and IOL said no. I rang UTV who checked (prob using eircon) and said that they would mail the forms and push it through manually. As it happened this was followed by an email saying that it was showing up again on their system and to go ahead and do the online signup - so I think that you should go and ring UTV tech support and tell them whats happening...they were quite helpful.

Advertisement