Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honours Business

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

Originally posted by Demeant0r
    In the long question 7, it asked about Marketing concept, is that the 5 P's (product place price etc.)? I bull****ed on for 3/4 page on it :dunno:

No, that's the marketing mix. The marketing concept is all about being customer-orientated, trying to please the customer and all that crap.

The paper is available online now, at www.examinations.ie, since you couldn't take it with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Originally posted by subway_ie
    No, that's the marketing mix. The marketing concept is all about being customer-orientated, trying to please the customer and all that crap.
    Er... That's not even in the book, what a load of crap is this?

Originally posted by Demeant0r
    Er... That's not even in the book, what a load of crap is this?

What book are you using?

Hmmm... actually, It's in my book, "Business A dynamic world". But it's 5 fuking lines long, how are you supposed to write a half page to a page on something only 5 lines long?

• Advertisement

Explain the advantage for a business enterprise of adopting the marketing concept

Basically, what I did was define the marketing concept, say how it ultimately increases profits, how TQM and empowerment are key elements, how they get great PR, increased sales, all the usual crap. THey only said one advantage, so I concentrated on increased sales and as a result profits due to the increased customer satisfaction.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I forgot what TQM was, which really annoyed me, because I had tried to learn it, but my teacher...blah blah, it doesn't matter, right! I knew the rest of the question. :D

Ah, I've decided not to care. I'm so tired from these exams I'm gonna sleep for a day or two.

Originally posted by Jesjes
    I forgot what TQM was, which really annoyed me, because I had tried to learn it, but my teacher...blah blah, it doesn't matter, right! I knew the rest of the question. :D

Hmmm.I'd have thought TQM would be pretty easy - the name usually gives it away - TOTAL QUALITY management. But I know what it's like to forget something in the exam - happened to me with all the ratios. Just went totally blank. Feckin easy question too. :mad:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

In irish though, its "bainistíocht lán cailláithe" which made me think Fully trained or something. When I raed the english I remembered something about it. I jusw wrote some waffle on how it helps the manager and worker get closer, to achieve a better working atmosphere. It sounds better with technical terms, but I dun know em in english.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭elle

ah I thought it was an ok paper, but was bit pissed off at lack of insurance/tax qs as well as one on management. Answered enough though. However I don't understand how anyone could have answered all of the long qs, i write relatively fast and I only barely finished it in time!

• Advertisement

Originally posted by elle
    However I don't understand how anyone could have answered all of the long qs, i write relatively fast and I only barely finished it in time!

Apparently he meant that he answered all the *required* long questions on the paper, ie. 1 from part 1, two from part 2 and 1 from either part 1 or part 2.

Writing business in irish? That'sreally hard, did u learn off all the fancy terms in irish?

I didn't learn them off, I just learned them through irish. I don't know the english terms you see! There are some words I know in irish for buisness that I wouldn't recognise in english.

It's the same as doing it through english when your doing it six years like. Not a big deal.

Ah right, so how much extra points do you get for doing it in Irish?

I get 5% or 10% of whatever I score, IF its below 75%.

Hopefully it'll be around that mark anyway.

Did anybody else hear that guy on the 2FM exam programme say that the business paper wasn't nice? What was all that bout? It's practically the same as last years. And the year befores. And... well, you get the idea.

I can't listen to the recorded 2fm extracts about the reviews of the exams, keeps saying it can't find the file or something. Any ideas where else I can get it?

I just listen on the radio... I could never find them anywhere online. Ok, just found the links for the archive. They're all working for me (well, the 3 I tried anyway).

Originally posted by subway_ie
    I just listen on the radio... I could never find them anywhere online. Ok, just found the links for the archive. They're all working for me (well, the 3 I tried anyway).
    Ok, yesterday's one didn't work. Did you listen to it yesterday? What did they say about Biology?

Nah, I missed it yesterday. Wanted to get the business review awell. If yesterdays isn't working, try e-mailing them, or maybe just give it a day or two.

• Advertisement
Advertisement