Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honours French

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

Originally posted by claire h
    c'est ma bete noire.

Does anybody know the french for cliché?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Originally posted by subway_ie
    Does anybody know the french for cliché?

Ah, be quiet, the only thing French is good for is its clichés... :p

Originally posted by claire h
    Ah, be quiet, the only thing French is good for is its clichés... :p

Touché, touché. See - it's good for "touché" - that's such a feckin cool word.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

im fluent. spent 4 anda half years in Lyon.

its not your imaginations: the aural was impossible.

and not just ours, the JC's was pretty mental as well - there's talk of it being stricken from the overall mark.

Originally posted by banquo
    and not just ours, the JC's was pretty mental as well - there's talk of it being stricken from the overall mark.

It definetly won't be stricken from the overall mark. They might allow for the difficulty by being a bit more liberal in the marking schemes; giving, say, 1 mark for the hard questions and 5 for the easier ones. Definetly won't be ignored though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭The Song Thrush

That aural was, as the french say, fúcking harde.

And you'd think that by now they'd be using CD's instead of tapes? I mean come on....

Originally posted by The Song Thrush
    That aural was, as the french say, fúcking harde.

And you'd think that by now they'd be using CD's instead of tapes? I mean come on....

Using CDs instead of tapes wouldn't make any difference - it wasn't the quality of the recording, it was the delivery. The mumbling, the illogical flow of questions. The amount of detail and irrelevancies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭The Song Thrush

Originally posted by subway_ie
    Using CDs instead of tapes wouldn't make any difference - it wasn't the quality of the recording, it was the delivery. The mumbling, the illogical flow of questions. The amount of detail and irrelevancies.
    Oh I know. But I meant because the tape wouldn't stop vibrating while it was playing, which made it even harder to listen to.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Well, if they mark it easy I'll be well happy. I'm normally really good, my strongest thing in french, but I didn't have a clue. Good to haer someone who is fluent even had difficulty. Reassuring. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I thought the tape was cock too. I usually do well in the tape, but this time, I dunno. The examiner woman played a test of the tape to check the volume, and asked us if it was ok. Then, one guy in the class told her it was too low. She turned it up waaaay too loud and made it really hard to listen to.

• Advertisement

I just got a reply to my letter of complaint to the Chief French Examiner... it's not a mail merge job - refers specifically to the points I made in my letter. The basic gist is: thatnks for your input, they've arranged to bring the letter to the attention of the chief examiner and will be considered when they're making the marking scheme, along with all the other feedback they've gotten from teachers/examiners and that I'll (and everybody else) will get a copy of the marking scheme when we're viewing the scripts. I wasn't even expecting a reply, but it shows that if you did send in a letter, they at least awknowledge it, which is nice.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

That's pretty cool! Glad they are considering it and such.

Advertisement