Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Holland Vs Germany

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by Stekelly
    Its the liverpool mentality, the seemed to think that if u sit backed when you go 1 up you can absorb the pressure till the end, abd it very rarely worked.
    But teams have been doing it for years and it rarely worked, even England and Latvia done it this week and lost. Surely teams would learn that it doesn't work. It will continue to happen because it's just instinct to defend a lead. It's also a players instict for teams to attack when they go a goal down down. Its not planned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Dewey

Great goal by Ruudy. I thought it was a good match but could of used a few more goals. One thing i think that has come out of this match is nither team is going to win Euro 2004. After the goal Germany sat back, and Holland just used the long ball in the box cuase they had no other ideas. Czechs have a better chance then Germany or Holland. I think Holland will get threw the group on goal difference.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

the young lad who came on for germany was very good added a real spark to the game though he might of spurred germany onto another goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

I think Germany have a better team than people are giving them credit for. The deserved at least a point tonight. They have some useful players, Ballack, Kahn, Frings, Laum (who I thought looked very exiting), and that young guy that came on, Scweisleger or whatever, Kuyrani and Klose arent too bad either.

Never write off the Germans, they were a steal at 18/1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Originally posted by Axel

1-1..... I must start putting some money on these games :dunno:

You should.

I had a fiver @ 12-1 on Germany to lead at half time and the match to end a draw, plus a tenner on the Czech win/Germany Holland draw double. A nice €95 in my pocket!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I had Kuranyi to score 1st and the game to finish 1-1 @30/1 and the same with Ballack as the scorer @40/1. Bloody sick i am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

I thought it was a good game. The Germans raised their level of play for this match and put in a good team display. It was a close match. Van Nistelrooy could have scored after 2 mins, van der Vaart went close with a quick control and shot just inside the box with Kahn well beaten, and Worns missed a sitter from 6 yards with his head.

The Dutch were defending poorly though, the midfielders not doing a good job in dead ball situations, Davids being too small in the box, van der Meyde and van der Vaart and the others not marking up well, and then Cocu letting the ball go past him thinking it was wide. He could have cleared it with his left boot.

That German goal made a game of it though. It was wise to take off Zenden at half-time ( he houldn't have been on at all) but not Davids. He was playing well in the middle of the park and they need a player like that (not two when Seedorf is back). The Germans were holding out well though and the Nederlanders created few scoring chances. Van Hooydonk who is well past his prime and shouldn't be in the first team really became the target man as the Dutch resorted to long balls from their half-way line. Overmars made a difference but the Germans were strong in the box and Overmars is not as good as he used to be.

The Dutch goal came ou of nothing, a defensive error at the corner flag gave the ball to van der Meyde, he whipped in a hopeful cross. RVN was in aclassical goa hanging and poachers position on the 6-yard box. Worns who had been manhandling him all night did it again and held RVN but didnt defend the ball. Ruuds glancing shot went in the middle of the goals and an error from Kahn as he was sleeping and still on his near post instead of being a yard further to his right. Three defensive German errors.

Stam and Bouma played very well I thought, and Kuryani was completely marked out of it. Stam has the pace for him, but not for an Henry, or an Owen.

Overall, a draw was a fair result. If the Dutch pick a better formation they could play better than this. The Germans probably wont play better than this. The Czech's will e happy with a draw against NL, as will NL. I think NL will get to the next round, but I dont think they will win it. Even if they beat Czech R 4-0 or something, they always have the capability of doing something like that, they are likely to have a problem in at least one match.

Not a classic encounter but a good one .... whoever it was on this thread said that both teams were boring better stick with phoenix park football ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

Czechs have a better chance then Germany or Holland. I think Holland will get threw the group on goal difference.

Im not so sure about that. They werent exactly conviencing against the likes of Lativa. They were trailing for ages in that game, only thing that enabled them to go on and win was the fact that the lativans tired towards the end. Im not excactly impressed with the cheques

Germany and Holland will trash that team. Its all going to come down to the Germany vs cheque vs holland matches

Advertisement