Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firefox 0.9 out now

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,194 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Originally posted by Jilm
    Try the tabbrowser extension. The only firefox extension I can't live without :D

installed that and this happened...had to remove it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

Originally posted by Jilm
    Try the tabbrowser extension. The only firefox extension I can't live without :D

This is a great extension, thanks.

There's so many features to it.

Just one little thing I can't seem to find in the preferences: When I click on "Open in Tabs" in a Bookmarks folder, ordinary Firefox opens the bookmarks on top of whatever tabs I have open now.

But with the Tabbrowser Extensions, it leaves all the current tabs open, and opens the bookmarks in the background. Can this behaviour be changed in the preferences somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

Originally posted by plazzTT
    But with the Tabbrowser Extensions, it leaves all the current tabs open, and opens the bookmarks in the background. Can this behaviour be changed in the preferences somewhere?
    Look under Focus and Advanced Use under preferences. Also, you can turn on Expert Preferences for more options if you want.

Originally posted by RobertFoster
    I haven't seen that error before. Tabbrowser ext may be having problems with another extension you have installed. Did you do a clean install of firefox 0.9 or just install over firefox 0.8?

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Spunj

Originally posted by robbie1876
    Hmm, seem to be having a wee problem with 0.9. Tried to install a couple of extensions, when I restarted Firefox to complete the installation, I just get a 'Finishing Installing Extensions' dialogue on opening Firefox. Tried reinstalling with no joy, the message is still there.

As I know sfa about how Firefox works (just like using it :) ), can somebody point me in the direction of how to sort this out. I need to delete the extensions, but can't find where they are trying to install from/to.

Cheers,

Robbie

I had this problem myself, the solution is to leave the message there then start another instance of firefox which will allow you to open the extensions dialog and delete the one which hasn't installed. Took me a day to stumble across this solution, hope it sorts you out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

yeah, that happpened to me too, you can open firefox in safe mode by using the -safe-mode switch, or you can delete the extensions folder in Application Data/Mozilla/Firefox

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

Rather bizarre problem with Firefox 0.9 here - I can't log in to boards.ie! I've had to use crappy old IE in order to post this. When I try to log in via either the front page or the usual 'you are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page' page, I can fill out the User Name and Password fields but the Login! button simply doesn't react.

Am I missing something incredibly obvious here?? I've now tried logging into another forum, Urban75.org, and that's not having any of it either. Can't access my email at mail.online.ie either. Help!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

Oh and another question about something I used to be able to do but which has become mysteriously difficult with v0.9 - how can I load links in a background tab from the context menu?

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭fragile

Originally posted by RobertFoster

Are you using firefox 9.0? the tabbrowser extension isnt listed on http://update.mozilla.org so I assume it hasn't been updated to work with the new extensions API in 9.0.

Is anybody else using this extension with 9.0? from an older install maybe?

Originally posted by fragile
    Is anybody else using this extension with 9.0? from an older install maybe?
    I'd noticed that it wasn't officially supported. It works for me with 0.9, no probs with installation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

For anyone using Spywareblaster 3.1 with Firefox 0.9 and find it is not being recognised there is a method of importing the list of blocked sites here http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=36639

The new release of Spywareblaster due shortly will address this issue.

Advertisement